Chapter 13: Cato's plan

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Cato's POV:

What. The. Hell. Did the seam rat just...shoot all of her arrows at the bullseye?! That's impossible! How? I don't understand. And I always understand everything. But Katniss Everdeen just proved me wrong. I watched her as she made a sarcastic bow defying me. Her grey eyes meet mine again. She had a too-fiery personality for a girl from 12. I guess she really was the girl on fire. And I didn't like it. She just proved herself to be a threat. Which was pretty humiliating. Cato Hadley, thinking that a girl from 12 was a threat. But yet, she was. For now, I thought that my only competition was Clove and that I was clearly winning that battle. But there was another battle to play: between me and fire girl. 

She left the training centre before any of us could talk to her. It was against the rules leaving early, but I guess so was to get into a fight with other tributes before the games, which I am guilty of, so I'm not going to say anything about her leaving. I turn to the other careers.

"What are we going to do with her?" I ask. There's a moment of silence, because nobody can process what that seam rat had just done.

"Eliminate her." Clove says firmly after a while.

"Easier said that done. Did you see how she shoots?" replies Marvel.

"Did you see how I throw my knives?" asks Clove frustrated. It was clear she wasn't happy either about 12's performance. And quite jealous.

"How about we ask her to join the career pack?" asks Glimmer. She finally spoke and it seemed like she was really affected by 12's shooting too. Maybe she was scared that Fire girl was better than her.

"No. We're not going to go through the humiliation of having district 12 in the career pack" answers Clove.

"Well, would you like to have that girl as an enemy? Even somebody like you can't get away from her arrows." Glimmer replies and Clove keeps silent- a sign that she agrees, but doesn't want to admit it.

"Let's not do anything yet." I finally speak. "We'll see what scores she gets and then we'll see." I say and they all nod. Training was over and we went back to our rooms. In the elevator I decide to talk to Clove since I was the only person she was really honest to. However, with the Hunger Games 5 days, she doesn't seem to trust me. Which, of course, is normal.

"What are we going to do with her?" I ask the same question again after we've entered the apartment.

"Nothing." Clove replies coldly.

"You scared?" I ask her teasingly.

"Of the seam rat? Haha. Really funny" she rolls her eyes and I laugh.

"She's quite good with that bow." I throw a comment casually taking a bite from a fresh apple.

"I'm better than her with my knives." Clove says frustrated and I snicker because it was so clear that she was jealous. 

"Where do you think she learned to shoot like that? I mean, we don't get a lot of fighters in district 12." I continue casually, knowing that this was frustrating Clove even more. I love playing with her head. Who knows, maybe it will weaken her before the games. 

"Don't know. Don't care." she replies trying to sound casual, but I can hear the frustration in her voice. Fire girl was one of the few topics that made Clove feel frustrated and uncomfortable. Therefore she tried to change the topic.

"How are things going on with Glitter?" she asks. It was her turn to tease me.

"Great. Better than yours with Marvel." I reply smirking and she jerks away. My chance to continue.

"What? You're too shy to admit you have a crush? Don't worry I won't tell him." I laugh and she rolls her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me!" I laugh.

"Oh sorry, is Glitter going to come and shoot me if I disrespect her lover?" she laughs and so do I. I wait a bit.

"Maybe you should get Marvel to fall for you." I finally speak. She glares at me.

"What? Look what I'm going to do with Glimmer. She won't be able to kill me in the arena." I reply.

"Maybe. But I'm not that type. I can't 'seduce', as you call it." she says and I let a small laugh. 

"Whatever, suit yourself." I say and get up to leave. 

There are 2 days of training left. Tomorrow I'm activating my plan. Fire girl was too much of a threat and I didn't like it. And there was only one thing that I can do the best that will assure my survival. I'm going to make Katniss Everdeen fall for me.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in a while 😭. I'm having finals right now. Hope you liked this chapter. Stay updated because there will be a short chapter from Katniss' POV coming out. 

💋I will try to update regularly! 💋

😻Thank you all for taking a bit of your time to read my 13th chapter!😻

🤩Comment what you think and how I can improve it! I'm open to your ideas!🤩

👍Don't forget to vote on your favorite chapters!👍

😉Do you think Cato will succeed in his plan?😉