💘10💘

"Anything?" Cassandra said to Helena as she called Luke. Everyone was worrying.

"He's not answering." She replied, "brother's Grizz."

"They must be headed back here, that's why he wanted us here together." Said Harry.

"So fast." Kelly interrupted "twelve hours, maybe they found something."

"Or maybe they found nothing and that's why they didn't say if it was good news." Continued Helena.

"Look all I'm gonna say is don't get your hopes up. I doubt that it's a good thing." Y/N interjected, wrapping her arms around herself as it was late and cold.

"Listen." Cassandra quietly spoke, trying to get everyone's attention, "hey, listen up everyone!"
Everyone groaned, looking at her. "Listen, while we're all here together, there are some things we ought to figure out. Before we rip this place apart and maybe, you know start hurting each other." She stuttered a little, but confidently spoke. "I don't know what the hell is going on. Maybe Luke will come back with good news.

"Maybe? Of course he will." Elle replied.

"What's she's saying is don't get your hopes up." Y/n stood up. "Prepare yourself for the worst... just in case."

"What are you trying to say?" Harry says, turning his head towards y/n.

"We need to start sharing resources. How long do you think we have until all of the electricity is used up." She sat back down, "we need to start sharing things before everything goes wrong."

"Some people have things what people want like houses and other valuable things and you just expect us to share them."

"That's what I'm saying."

All of a sudden a gun shot goes of and everyone goes to the ground, screaming.

"Well... fuck this." Campbell said as the pistol cocks. "Harry's right, no one elected you king, cousin. Or in fact you y/n. "Did anybody vote for her, did they? Anybody elect her to speak on your behalf?" Cassandra slowly stood up, raising both her hands, "Did they?"

"I....I.." Cassandra walked in front of Campbell, his gun pointed at the ground. "I don't want to be king."

"That's not what it looks like.... is it?" He pointed the gun at her head and Y/N ran in front of it. Cassandra tried to push her out of the way but she didn't budge.

"You think that killing someone is going to resolve this? When are you going to understand that your actions will have consequences."

"Okay that's enough now Campbell, put the gun down." Hairy said.

"I don't wanna shoot any of you." He snickered.
"I wanted to get everybody's attention, this meeting obviously over and I just wanna inform you that if anyone's tired of listening to her, you can come with me." Harry and a few other people stood up and followed Campbell.

"Hey, Kelly, lets go." Harry said, Kelly looked at Will and then back at Harry, standing up and following him out.

Before anyone could get out, the door bust open and everyone gasped. It was Luke and the others. Y/n first looked at Grizz and realised the hurt in his eyes. She could tell that he was sad. When the rest of them walked in they were surprised To see Emily's lifeless body in the arms of Luke.

"Somebody clean that table." Luke coracles and Grizz wiped all the litter off it, giving him room to lay her body. It was silent for a few seconds when Luke spoke up again, "she died from a snake bite. Her whole body just shut down. We did everything we could but we couldn't save her." Tears filled everyone's eyes and in the moment, all that was felt was tension.

"So we're gonna bury her tomorrow." Grizz spoke, voice filled with pain. It hurt y/N's heart to see him so sad. "Before it starts to smell... so I'm gonna need a couple of guys. Clark?"

"Yeah... no problem." Clark replied, looking down at her body.

"There's nothing out there guys. Only trees for miles." Luke said.

Everyone started to come forward, saying prayers and speaking about what they loved about her. Y/N walked up to Grizz, and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, hugging him. His tears soaked into her hoodie but she didn't care.

"It will be okay baby." She said, pulling out of the hug and wiping his tears away with her thumb. "It'll be okay.."

Don't ask about the title, it got me rolling on the floor