Chapter 25: A Haunted Forest? After I Survived an Axe Murderer? No Way.

Chapter 25: A Haunted Forest? After I Survived the Axe Murderer? No Way.

       I stared at my math homework in front of me, not being able to concentrate. I wasn't really feeling all that well recently ever since Pierce came to the farm on a field trip.

       I wasn't hoping to never see him again after I moved back to Ruralburgh but I guess that wasn't the case.

       At least it was the weekend so I had a few more days to get my homework done.

       Sawyer walked into the house, noticing me at the kitchen table. He walked over and crouched down to my level so he could see what I was doing. "Math homework?"

       "It's torture," I said. "I can't even concentrate because I've been in such a bad mood recently."

       Sawyer wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You need a break?" he asked.

       "Yes," I said. "More than anything."

       "Perfect, because I have an idea," Sawyer said.

       "Does it include going to the bedroom with not too many clothes on?" I asked. "Or any clothes on for that matter?"

       Sawyer sighed. "No, it doesn't."

       "Well, then I'm not too interested in it," I said.

       Sawyer chuckled. "Okay, just put your horny mind away for the day and listen to what the idea is."

       "I don't know," I said. "I'm always horny and it's hard for me not to be. But I guess I'll listen to what this idea might be."

       "So my siblings and I like going on a camping trip in a forest just outside of Ruralburgh," Sawyer said. "We're planning on going soon and if we're all free, we're going to leave in a few hours."

       "That's a big spur of the moment," I said.

       "Yeah, well, that's my family," Sawyer said. "There's a lot of things we do in the spur of the moment. Anyway, would you like to come?"

       "Would your siblings be fine with me going?" I asked. "It seems more like a family thing."

       "Oh, yeah, they'd be totally fine with you coming," Sawyer said. "Especially because Posie comes along too. It wouldn't be fair if you can't come. So do you want to come?"

       "Actually, it does sound like the thing I need," I said. "Getting some fresh air away from all of my problems. Also snuggling with my boyfriend in the tent. But you do have to promise me that you won't be attacked by an axe murder this time."

       Sawyer furrowed his eyebrows. "Remind me when I was attacked by an axe murderer."

       "During that camping trip for the seniors," I said. "You got lost in the forest and an axe murderer got you. At least, that's what I immediately thought when you took too long getting back to the tent."

       "Okay, well, I promise I won't get attacked by an axe murderer," Sawyer said. "Well..." 

       I frowned. "Well, what?"

       "Nothing," Sawyer said. "Nothing at all. I'm going to talk to my siblings if they're up to going on the camping trip." He kissed my cheek before leaving the kitchen, not even telling me exactly what he meant by that 'well'.

       Whatever the reason he said it, I didn't really care. I just needed to get out for a bit to try to clear my mind after all the stress I was feeling.