Chapter Twenty One

Word Count: 1624

~Rosie

We didn't resume our task until the next evening.

Time and I spent most of the next day in the hotel room, hiding from both the public, and the blazing sun outside. It seems everyone has taken shelter from this heat, which seeps from the concrete outside, and wafts in through the open glass doors. I tried to spend some time on the balcony, watching people, but the heat became too much.

Throughout the day, Time remained absent-minded. He paced often, speaking to me only in increments that were provoked by me. He gets into his own head often, clearly anxious about what he's planning to show me tonight.

When we did sit down together and have a conversation over lunch, he was almost unnerving. He couldn't take his eyes off me, as if he was scrutinizing my every move in order to determine whether or not I'm okay with what is about to happen.

To be completely honest, I'm not.

Time tried to make me feel better. He tried to comfort me. He tried to remind me that I'm his mate, and despite Amaris being a massive part of his live, that consumed every facet of his love and attention for a great amount of time.

Perhaps what bothers me most, though, is the fact that I'm feeling this in the first place. I shouldn't be so bothered, when I know what will come after we deal with Sinful. I will be reunited with my brothers, and I won't see Time again. Regardless of us being mates. It's something I've accepted a long time ago. But yet, these feelings arise.

Now it's evening, and Time leads me briskly down the street, holding my hand tightly. He wears a dark hood over his head, which almost appears comical from the back. I wear a gauzy white veil like thing, which at least blends in with all the people we brush past.

At least no one seems to notice us.

"I know it's going to be hard, but I'm going to be using magic to get us in there and keep us hidden from both my previous self and Amaris, so I don't suggest talking. Once we have seen all we need to see, I'll take us away," he explains, pausing in a small secluded area on the street, his voice low and hushed.

I eye Time suspiciously. "How private is this encounter going to be...because there are some things that you really shouldn't show your mate."

"Not like that, Rosie darling. Although I'm sure there are some things Amaris could share with you, that would have you excited for your future," he grins, exploiting my original disgust, only making it so much worse.

"Okay, disturbing," I comment, wishing my cheeks wouldn't flush.

"Now, on a more serious note, this will be relatively private, but to understand how why I made my next moves, you will have to see what happened," he tells me. I nod, deciding I'm not going to ask more questions. I've learnt that I cannot be surprised by him anymore. It's doesn't get me anywhere.

Searching my face for any sign of hesitation, only to find none, Time finally decides to initiate this. It's gotten dark now, street lamps coming on, the night life starting up. As night looms closer, Time seems to get more on edge.

He grabs my arm, and suddenly everything goes black.

I don't emerge from the shadows right away. The lulling sound of hushed voices shakes me into full consciousness. Everything around me is still dark, until finally my eyes adjust.

My ears and eyes focus together, allowing me to come to terms with the environment Time had thrust us into.

We stand in a room, with a four poster bed in front of us. Time stands next to me, hand on my wrist, ensuring that I don't move from my position. There are people in the bed, which as my eyes eventually adjust to the light, I can see it's Time and Amaris. Time sits up slightly, while Amaris rests on his chest.