Chapter Twenty Four

Word Count: 1591

~Rosie

I'm done for.

Sitting here, tucked into the back of a dark corner, I'm completely pinned, exposed to this powerful immortal's eyes. He stares down at me, golden eyes narrowed slightly, looking over me with no shame whatsoever. There's no excuse for this. There's no way to turn back and reverse my own stupidity.

What is this going to mean? The question is, will I return back to the present day, and it will all be a burning fire or a hole of nothingness? Maybe the Time from my era is already gone, having been completely destroyed as I appear in front of his past self.

Another predicament, is that I'm completely speechless. He's clearly not going to believe anything I say, and by the way he is looking at me, he may be plotting to kill me.

And I have no way of contacting my current Time...

"Not got a voice?" he questions, tilting his head tauntingly. Tearing my gaze away, I still don't speak. Maybe if I act innocent enough he will let me out of this with no questions asked. I'll just let him assume I stumbled in here on accident, maybe I was trying to clean the place, and got scared when he dragged his brother in for...whatever this is.

A muscle in his jaw ticked, glancing over his shoulder. Behind him, I see Thought lying there with his head slumped down, blood trailing down his chin to where it drips and pools on his lap. The sight makes me ill.

"You work here?" Time questions. Immediately I nod, praying he will let me out of here. Maybe the low lightening will allow me to get away with this.

Even if he is scrutinizing me.

"She doesn't," Thoughts says from behind us. Startled, I look behind him to see Thought is staring at us. Through a fringe of dark hair, he stares at me with brilliant silver eyes, which catch me off guard. I remember seeing them before, but they are never not jarring. Power radiates from him in the same way it does from Time.

In that moment, dread consumes me. Thought, evidently, can read my mind, and is probably piecing together a story that I doubt makes much sense to him. If he exposes me, I'm done for, and he knows it. I silently pray within my head for him to be merciful.

"She's using black magic of some kind," he mutters, spitting blood out onto the floor. I shiver, feeling Time's gaze intensify. "There's some kind of block on her mind. I can't read it."

Time's smile grows. "Interesting."

As much as I try catch Thought's gaze, I can't. His attention is cast down to the floor, looking disconcerted. I suppose he's the one who is getting tortured right now, and won't be much help for me. With Time pinning me against his wall with that poisonous smile, I know that there isn't much that is going to get me out of this. I need to keep him away from me. If he touches me, who knows what will happen.

"Please, I don't want any harm," I say slowly, wishing my voice would stop shaking.

Time's eyes narrow slightly, still looking me up and down. I'm still dressed in my sheer, billowy white dress from our last place in time, which is now covered in grime and ripped around the hem. I'm a mess, but by the expression on the Immortals face, he doesn't look so sympathetic.

"Then what do you want? Where did you come from, and what business do you have looking on a pair of brother's personal business?" Time questions, raising a skeptical eyebrow. He thinks I'm some kind of witch, here with magic beyond his imagination.

He has no idea...

"I have no business. I just want to leave," I tell him, hoping he will take pity on me. Where is my Time anyway? He's vanished, living me here with a merciless, vengeful version of him.