Entry # 4: ASGORE

"DAAAAAAD! I'M HOOOOOOOME!"

Gerard's familiar shriek nearly gave the Froggit a heart attack. An affectionate grin tugged my mouth. Poor thing nearly fell off his chair.

Over the course of several months, the monsters of the Ruins had grown accustomed to his astonishingly loud exclamations. But that doesn't mean that they are any less surprised whenever he suddenly screams.

Mettablook and the Vegetoids swore that the sheer volume of his voice is enough to put a megaphone to shame.

"Here you go. This is for you and your fellow Froggits." Then I handed him a plate of cake. "Are you alright?"

"Ribbit, ribbit. I am. Thank you, your Majesty." The frog monster smiled bashfully, balancing the said plate on his head. "Croak. I'd like to stay a while longer but my friends must be starving. Say hi to the kid for me. Ribbit." With that he exited through the window beside the sink.

Footsteps steadily approached the kitchen. I can recognize the thumping of Gerard's thick soled boots a mile away.

That's odd.

He seems to have someone else accompanying him.

Pretty soon, he emerged at the doorway. With two unexpected guests.

Gerard is carrying an unconscious girl on his back, and a boy around his age stood on his left, clutching his right arm.

My heart sank to the ground.

The third and fourth children had fallen.