Entry # 32: The Land That Was Named Literally

"Do you have to leave so soon?" Lux put on the saddest and most adorable puppy eyes she could muster. The children's hearts melted at the sight (even Justin, who is infamous for his immunity towards cute stuff), and Jaede would've had a cardiac arrest on the spot if Saturn hadn't answered her question immediately.

"Well, we have to go home." The dark haired girl said. When Lux's face fell, Saturn added. "We can visit again, if we get the chance."

In an instant, the tiny skeleton's pinpricks sparkled with stars. "Really!?"

Saturn smiled, her sincerity cleverly masking her uncertainty. "Really."

"Okay! Be careful!" Lux hugged each of the fallen children, clinging to Saturn the longest, before skipping back to her brothers.

"INDEEDY! THE UNDERGROUND IS FULL OF DANGERS!" Sans spoke, his scarf fluttering in the chilly breeze once again. "ONLY SOMEONE AS MAGNIFICENT AS I CAN TRAVERSE SUCH A PERILOUS ENVIRONMENT! BUT WORRY NOT, MY FRIENDS!! YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELVES TO BE EQUALLY MAGNIFICENT!! I AM CONFIDENT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REACH THE CAPITAL IN NO TIME!!"

"You have our deepest gratitude for allowing us to stay at your house." Alice spoke, knowing that none of her companions will have the initiative to thank the skele-siblings.

"don't mention it, kiddo." Papyrus said, chuckling at the blonde's formality. "that's what friends do." He smiled at Chara, who smiled back in return.

"Well, we have to go. The sooner we get to the Waterfall, the nearer we are to the. . ." Justin spotted Papyrus shaking his head, then the skeleton nodded at Lux. It became apparent that she has no idea that the kids will be leaving for the Barrier. Should they perish in their journey, they would never return for a visit, which would in turn sadden the little girl. It doesn't help that she doesn't know they're humans either. ". . . where we want to go." The brunette rectified, his uneasiness the night (?) before long gone.

He had fallen asleep before Asgore's story ended. He vaguely remembered leaning against Gerard's shoulder as his eyelids fluttered shut. The orange head must've carried (or dragged) his unconscious body back to the house right after. Which would explain why he woke up on the couch this morning (?).

After ensuring that all of their belongings are stored in their inventories, the children bid their new friends goodbye (not-so-new to Chara, and to an extent Saturn) and they were off to the Waterfall.

✨ • ✨ • ✨

"Just walk straight ahead, right?" Jaede asked the person beside her, which obviously happened to be her twin brother.

"That's what Sans said." Justin replied, his initial skepticism towards the skeleton brothers faded the moment Sans offered his friendship. He hoped that his trust wasn't misplaced.

Viorel stuck with the twins, knowing full well that he can't scream for help if trouble arises amidst a nigh zero visibility haze. Alice walked right behind the blunette, warily glancing at her surroundings. Chara strolled ahead of the group without much concern. Gerard and Saturn trailed behind for reasons unspecified.

A soft whisper whistled through the air. "hey, BRAVERY boy, PERSEVERANCE girl."

Gerard and Saturn turned around. They saw a shady silhouette leaning against a leafless tree. The density of the fog prevented them from recognizing the dark figure, although they do know three Monsters who are tall and lean and skeletal in frame. Only one of them seem to exist in this timeline, however.

". . . Papyrus?" Gerard spoke rather apprehensively, memories of a certain evil glob resurfacing at the back of his mind. Saturn looked ready to summon her scythe.