Entry # 17: Seven Souls, Seven Children

A/N Y'know what? I'mma gonna do something crazy while my head is aching like hell: write the entire Ruins Arc in one month and post it at exactly 12:00 midnight when the New Year celebrations begin. ^W^

"And so, the true story begins."

✨ • ✨ • ✨

When Chara reached Asgore's House, he wasn't expecting to see a yellow eyed brunette shooting a target nailed on the leafless tree near the entrance. Or a blunette boy silently drawing something on a sketchpad, sitting with his back against the wall beside the doorway. The latter noticed him and gave the red eyed human a welcoming smile. The blunette hopped on his feet, sketchbook tucked in between his right arm and side, and tapped the shoulder of the brunette using the eraser end of his pencil.

"Hmm, what is it?" The brunette stopped firing bullets (?) at the round wooden target and faced the other boy with a questioning look. The blunette pointed at Chara excitedly, nearly dropping his precious art materials in the process.

The brunette studied the eighth child for a minute before calling his father figure, loud enough for Asgore to hear yet also quiet enough not to disturb the other residents of the Ruins. Unlike a certain someone. On cue, Gerard sneezed and fell off his bed.

"Dad? Dad!?" The brunette yelled.

"Yes, Justin? Is something the matter?" Asgore rushed outside in an instant, concern etched all over his furry features. The second eldest never raises his voice unless something serious had occurred. Asgore's worry quickly dissipated once his warm azure irises landed on Chara. "Oh, I see you've already met your new sibling."

For the umpteenth time in his not so ordinary life, Chara felt confused. Who are these kids? Why are they in Asgore's Home? And "new sibling"?

Then it clicked. The sketchbook. The revolver. Those items belonged to. . . INTEGRITY and JUSTICE. His eyes widened comically, alongside the sudden urge to drop his jaw on the ground.

No way. . .

Asgore knelt in front of Chara, unaware of the child's inner turmoil, and checked him for any injuries. "Not a scratch. Impressive." He said approvingly.

"Did I just hear Dad say "new sibling"?" A fair skinned girl poked her head out of the doorway, a huge grin plastered on her face. She has purple eyes and long wavy dark hair tied in a loose low ponytail. Asgore stood up; he is about to reply when an orange blur dashed out of the house.

"NEW SIBLING!?" A spiky haired boy clad in a sleeveless orange hoodie frantically scoured his surroundings. He is also wearing a black long sleeved shirt underneath it, black jeans and brown thick soled boots. "WHERE!?" He shouted again, his fiery eyes looking at everywhere but Chara.

Said red eyed boy can't help but snicker at his enthusiasm. And the fact that he is unable find Chara despite standing right in front of the very person he is searching for. Unintentional or not, it cannot be denied that it is kinda funny.

"Christ on a bike, you carrothead. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt you to lower the volume of your voice." A cyan eyed girl walked outside moments later. Her straight blonde hair is tied in a ponytail, and her outfit resembles a sailor-styled Japanese school uniform. Her footwear is composed of long white socks reaching the area below her knees and black shoes. The way she holds herself reminds Chara of a princess.

"I'M THE ELDEST. THEREFORE I AM OBLIGATED TO SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY." The orange boy retorted.

"And I have a masking tape, therefore I am obligated to zip your mouth whenever your unholy screeching goes out of hand." The yellow eyed boy huffed unamused, crossing his arms. He is wearing a yellow bandanna loosely knotted around his neck, a green and yellow sweater, blue pants with a lot of pockets and black and yellow sneakers. The brunette looked quite intimidating. Chara made a mental note not to be on the wrong side of this guy.