Entry # 27: Misadventures In Snowdin Town Part 1

Seven tired kids arrived at a long, narrow hanging bridge. Because of its width, they have to line up in a single file in order to cross it. Chara walked in front, followed by Gerard, Justin, Jaede, Alice, Viorel and lastly, Saturn. Halfway through the bridge, they spotted the skeleton brothers waiting for them on the other side.

"HUMANS!!! THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND MOST DANGEROUS CHALLENGE!" Sans declared as melodramatically as ever. "BEHOLD! THE GAUNTLET OF DEADLY TERROR!"

A colossal flamethrower, a huge spear, an enormous boot and a cannon emerged from above them. A big mace, another huge spear, a gigantic circular saw and a dog bound to some sort of metal claw rose  from below them. Viorel and Jaede flinched at the sight of the weapons, the former recognizing the dog as the one who stole their money earlier.

"HOLY CRAP! WHAT THE F*FLIPPY*K!?" Gerard exclaimed with a huge grin plastered on his face. The obstacle course looked awesome!

"We have to go through that?" Justin narrowed his yellow irises, instinctively grabbing his sister's digits. His other hand discreetly unsheathed his revolver.

"I change my mind about him being adorable." Alice said, gazing nervously at the circular saw and flamethrower.

Chara and Saturn looked bored. They already knew what is going to happen. Pretty sure Gerard does too.

"WHEN I SAY THE WORD, IT WILL FULLY ACTIVATE!!! CANONS WILL FIRE! SPIKES WILL SWING! BLADES WILL SLICE! EACH PART WILL VIOLENTLY SWING UP AND DOWN! ONLY THE TINIEST CHANCE OF VICTORY WILL REMAIN!!!" Sans announced. "ARE YOU READY!? BECAUSE! I! AM! ABOUT! TO DO IT!"

The weapons remained frozen midair.

Papyrus turned to his younger brother. "well? what's the holdup?"

"HOLDUP!? WHAT HOLDUP!?" Sans stammered. "I'M. . . I'M ABOUT TO ACTIVATE IT NOW!!!"

Still, nothing happened, which confused the children.

"that, uh, doesn't look very activated." Papyrus commented.

"WELL!!! THIS CHALLENGE!!! IT SEEMS. . . MAYBE. . . TOO EASY TO DEFEAT THE HUMANS WITH." Sans said. "YEAH! WE CAN'T USE THIS ONE!!! I AM A SKELETON WITH STANDARDS!!! MY PUZZLES ARE VERY FAIR!"

"Except the first one." Alice mumbled.

"AND MY TRAPS ARE EXPERTLY COOKED! BUT THIS METHOD IS TOO DIRECT! NO CLASS AT ALL! AWAY IT GOES!" The weapons vanished, and the kids breathed sighs of relief. Chara smiled. Sans is just too sweet and nice to hurt anybody. No wonder Papyrus is very protective of him. Especially considering the chubby skeleton's stats. . . .

Sans noticed Chara staring. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!? THIS WAS ANOTHER DECISIVE VICTORY FOR SANS!! MWEH! HEH! . . . . HEH???" He walked away from the scene with uncertainty.

The group crossed the bridge safely.

"And here I thought we're going to die." Viorel wrote on his pad.

"But we lived!" Gerard punched the air. "And you gotta admit, that trap was cool!"

"It was kinda scary." Jaede shivered.

"It gave me a few. . . ideas." Saturn smirked, and her siblings instantly inched away from her. When she smiles like that, an apocalypse is bound to happen.

"i don't know what my brother's going to do now." Papyrus told the kids. "if i were you, i would make sure I understand blue attacks." With that, he teleported again.

"What does he mean by that?" Alice frowned. "Of course we understand blue attacks."

"Hey guys!" Chara tugged Viorel's sleeve. "We're here!" He pointed at the huge neon sign saying, "Welcome to Snowdin".