Mechanic (Arthur Bishop) Part 2

Third person pov

It had been a few days since the twins carjacking incident, a bright purple sore had blossomed on your cheek where you had been backhanded as well as the bruises that bloomed over several of your ribs.

Steve had been thinking a lot the past few days before suddenly demanding you to drive him to the store, tires screeching to a stop he jumped out the car and walked over to the man he was searching for, Arthur Bishop.

Cautiously you got out of the car and walked over to stand close enough to hear but out of arms reach, Bishop took note of how dark the bruise on your cheek was, Steve had to have hit you pretty hard to cause such colors. Bishop kept glancing at you the whole time Steve followed him around his truck practically begging him to teach him his ways.

Bishop told Steve to go home before he closed his truck door and drove away, Steve was upset but was willing to let Bishop mull over it for a bit. Turning back to you he told you he was ready to be taken home now and hopped into the car like you were his personal show-fur. Rolling your eyes you went to driver seat and took his highnASS back home for his nap.

Bishop drove his truck to the harbor where his current boat and the boat of his dreams were located, taking a second to admire the magnificent boat he has had eyes for, for a while now, his acquaintance, Henry, spoke up

"Still for sale. You know you want it. No other lifetime but this." Bishop didn't need persuasion from the man, he already loved it.
"Want some advice?" The old man said before pointing to his heart, "Follow what this tells you. It's trying to tell you something. It's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been and maybe a person to share it with." For a split second your face flashed into his mind before he could comprehend it, usually he could find anything on anyone but you, there was nothing. Not a single thing, and as much as he didn't want to admit it, he couldn't help but feel slightly attracted towards you. And that almost scared him.

Steve's phone rang waking him from his couch nap, rolling over he grabbed it and answered the call

Steve's phone rang waking him from his couch nap, rolling over he grabbed it and answered the call. Bishop gave him a place and time to meet him the following day, Steve called your name and your dainty foot steps could be heard rushing down the hall.

"I need to be up early and where the hell is my dinner!?" He yelled the last part, you spun on your heel and raced back to the kitchen to grab his meal you had prepared him. Thoughts of Bishop invaded your mind as you gather everything for Steve's dinner, if he did tutor Steve in whatever it was he did, would he also help you?

The next morning you had your brother up early just as he requested, though he didn't seem to like being woke up and shoved you to the floor before getting up to get ready

You followed behind Steve as he walked into a local animal shelter, you quickly spotting Bishop waiting for him on a bench.

"What is this place?" Steve asked curiously.

"It's an animal shelter." Bishop stated almost sarcastically, glancing back he caught a hint of the grin grace your soft, pink lips.

"Yeah, I know what it is. Why are we here?" Getting impatient with the chitter chatter Steve pushed on. Bishop handed him a photograph of a dog,

"Look for a dog like this. Under a year, if possible."

"I would have taken you more for a cat person." Then they walked into the back and started looking through all the cages. About halfway down the aisle Bishop spoke up,

"You know what a mechanic is, outside it's obvious definition?" Steve thought about it and nodded,

"A guy who fixes thing, problems, has contracts.... A hit man."

"I do assignments." Your heart started racing in What one may think is fear but was actually ...excitement? You picked up your pace a to walk closer to Bishop, hoping to hear more. "Designated targets."

"I could do that." Steve said confidently, "I've seen some shit."

"No you haven't." Bishops voice was dripping in experience and obviously didn't like Steve's ego.

"You know shit about me, Bishop." The assassin turned to face the dumber twin with a 'are you fucking kidding me? I just told you what I do for a living' look.

"Steven Jackson McKenna. Born in Baltimore, Maryland. You mother died when you was 12. A mixture of pain meds and vodka. You attended three different high schools. Grant, Deer Park and Monroe. Lettered in four sports, got a scholarship from Miami that was rescinded upon a conviction of possession with intent to distribute. Had misdemeanors for aggravated assault and unlawful threats against two different girlfriends. Broke your kneecap in a street fight. Didn't tell anyone, so you let it heal on its own. Now, when it rains, you walk with a limp. I'll show you the X-rays, if you like. The ONLY thing I can't figure out about you is why you make this girl follow you around, but I'll find out. I always do." Seeming satisfied Bishop walked on looking into cages, Steve glared at you thinking you had sold him out to the hit man and planned to address that with you later. You stood there nervously only imagining what your brother was planning.

"Our friend here would like to adopt this little fellow." Bishop asked one of the shelter employees before looking back down at the pup, "Hello, boy." Steve didn't seem to like the dog much, but was willing to play along for Bishop.

While Steve sighed a few adoption papers you and Bishop sat waiting on the bench by the door,

"Who are you?" Bishops voice startled you, but you glanced at his awaiting gaze. Carefully you stole a look at your brother, who was thankfully still busy. Reaching into your pocket you pulled out a shred of paper, quietly you slipped into his hand and placed your finger over your lips signaling him to be quiet.

Confused Bishop casually unfolded the paper, revealing a name, (y/n) McKenna. Brows furrowed Bishop looked to the you hoping for more answers but was interrupted by Steve sitting between you.

Bishop offered to give the two of you a ride home, stopping out front of your house. Steve was up front with bishop while you sat in the back behind Bishops seat,

"What I do requires a certain mindset. Revenge is an emotion that can get you killed. So no more stupid stunts like the other night." Bishop had another talk with Steve before motioning him to get out. "Walk it, feed it, make it you best friend. Tomorrow, 11, Fischer Square." You gave a gentle pat to Bishops shoulder as a thanks, without your brother knowing before hopping out and taking your spot next to your brother. Nodding Bishop put his truck into drive and drove off, once out of sight Steve turned to you.

"You told him all that stuff about me didn't you." He spoke with his jaw clenched, scared you shook your head hoping he would believe you. He scoffed and walked to the house to take care of his dog for the night.