Giving In

***Jackson's POV***

I stood in Alpha Darius office awaiting his return. He had been gone for far too many human hours. My tension was building like the steam from a pressure pot. I paced the floor and wrung my hands. Sweat was beading my forehead.

Finally, Alpha stood before me.

His face was distorted and set to a sickly shade of pale. His hair was drenched in sweat and looked as if he had been tugging at it incessantly. His breathing was shallow as his chest rose only to fall with a clatter.

"Alpha? What's WRONG?" I worriedly seethed.

"Gather Gamma Ethan and Delta Bryan please" he slowly breathed out.

I ran to Ethan's room and burst thru the door without bothering to knock.

"Gamma, get up" I ordered as I shook his sleeping form.

"What's wrong Beta?" He howled.

"Alpha needs us!" I rushed out. "We need Bryan."

The two of us ran to Bryan's room, barreling thru his door.

Delta Bryan jumped from his sleepy haze.

"Beta? Gamma? What is it?" Bryan demanded.

"It's Alpha!" Ethan and I announced.

The three of us hurried down the hall to Alpha's office. We didn't bother knocking as we entered.

"Alpha" Ethan and Bryan greeted him with a bow of their heads.

"It's Aubrey" Darius sadly spewed.

"What happened?" Ethan croaked.

"Is she okay?" Bryan questioned.

"What is it?" I growled.

Darius held his head in his hands as he sat at on the black leather couch, bouncing his knees up and down.

His head hung low as he delivered the news.

"Her baby didn't make it." He cried in tears of agony.

"Shit!" Ethan howled.

"God damn it" Bryan concurred.

"What the actual fuck?" I roared.

"The cord entangled during delivery and she strangled on it." Darius confirmed.

One by one we fell to our knees, wrapping our arms around our leader. Holding him, while each of us cried our disbelief.

How could fate continue to seek ways to torment Aubrey? How is this the hand she was dealt? Why can't she be happy?

The questions infiltrated our minds as we suffered for our beautiful angel.

Over the years we each grew attached to Aubrey. She was one of a kind. Her perseverance has outshone the most stubborn of fools.

Her kindness radiated out of her spirit like a sphere of facets, illuminating the midnight sky. Her forgiveness for her offenders stole the breath of each of us on too many occasions to record. Aubrey was an angel, if ever one walked in human form.

"How's Aubrey taking it?" I asked, scared to have the truth revealed.

"We're not sure. She's sleeping thanks to the drugs that were administered." Darius replied.

"What can we do?" Ethan begged.

"We have all been summoned to the Heavens at morning to meet with the Deities." Darius proclaimed.