Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning feeling a bit energetic. I checked the time by my bedside clock and it was 8:15 am. "OMG, I'm sooooo freaking dead today". I said
"Way to go Jasrah. You just had to mess up". My inner voice scolded me.
I got off the bed and sprinted to the bathroom. "I'm done for today, i didn't even wake up for Fajr prayer! " I exclaimed, face-palming myself.

After my morning routine i got to my closet and got the simplest cloth i could think of.
A maxi gown with a veil which i tied to a nice turban. Remembering Anty saying we would be having visitors, so i had to dress decently.

I breathed heavily before going down the stairs. Getting ready for whatever scolding i would get from Anty. I reached the kitchen and found Anty preparing different types of meals. Her back facing me, so i doubt she knew of my presence.
My tummy grumbled just as the mixed aroma of food hit my nostrils. Looking at the dishes on the table, my mouth got watery. "Mmm". I moaned, which caught Anty's attention.
"Good morning Anty". I greeted her. She looked at me angrily with folded arms.
"Ohh hail, our princess has just gotten out of bed". She said sarcastically. My head facing the ground. I couldn't look at her, so i played with the hem of my sleeves.
"I'm sorry Anty". I muttered.
"I'll deal with you later, take these meals and set the table immediately. Laila and her son will be here any minute from now. Do what's right". She demanded. "And go wake your sister and help her get dressed, it's an important day for her". She added with her voice on high pitch. You would think she was the one getting married to Hassan, which got me rolling my eyes. "Drama queens" I scoffed.
"What was that?" Anty asked raising an eyebrow.
"Nothing". I answered nervously, with that i sprinted up the stairs to Asiya's room. I knocked and turned the door nob which was surprisingly locked.
"Asiya never locks her door ". I thought.

"Asiya"? I called out. No reply
Shocking
"Asiya, Anty needs you dressed before the guests arrive". I said. No reply again.
"Something isn't right". I thought.

I ran to the kitchen. "Anty, Asiya's door is locked, she's refusing to open, i don't think she's alright" I said breathlessly. "What rubbish are you speaking? Move". She scolded pushing me from her way and running upstairs with an extra key to Asiya's room. Anty opened the door with trembling hands. We rushed into her room and found her sleeping with dried tears on her face.
Anty tried waking her up and after much attempts. She opened her eyes with a yawn, sadness written all over her face. "Mom i don't want to meet them, i don't want to get married to this so called Hassan". She confessed helplessly. Though Asiya was the worst person that acts like a bitch but it was a little heartbreaking to see her all sad and vulnerable. I truly felt sorry for her.

Anty sighed,
"Let's do this. No conclusions would be made now. Let's get to meet them today my child. After meeting Hassan, then you decide if you want to get married to him. I'm not forcing you. Okay?" She tried convincing Asiya. With that Asiya let out an 'okay'.
"Now get dressed princess, they might show up any moment from now". Anty said.

"Why are you standing there? Why are you even here? Can you excuse us, I'm getting my daughter ready myself. You are not needed anymore. Step out!!". Anty yelled at me. With that i went downstairs and got myself busy with whatever was left undone. Few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. " Here we go". I muttered. Adjusting my gown, i headed for the door.

I was greeted by a beautiful woman, probably in her late forties with a radiant smile. Looking younger than her age.
"Good Morning Anty, please come in. You are welcome". I greeted which she responded to with a yet so beautiful smile. "How are you my child?". She asked.
"I'm fine, Alhamdulillah". I responded looking at the door to see if a manly figure would appear.
"I thought she was coming with her son". I whispered to myself.

I heard Anty scream from behind me as she rushed to where Anty Laila was. Ps:Anty was over dressed. Not surprising.
Crushing Anty Laila into a hug. One could mistake her for a teenage girl.

"Sannu da zuwa (you are welcome). Look how beautiful you've become". Anty kept on ranting and throwing compliments at Anty Laila who just laughed them off.

"Where is my daughter in-law?". Anty Laila asked, looking around to see if she would spot Asiya.

"Let me go and fetch her". I informed them and headed for Asiya's room.

I returned with a bored looking Asiya.
"Good Morning Anty Laila". Asiya greeted with a forced smile, her eyes wandering the environment. Obviously enough she was looking to see Anty Laila's son. "How are you my child". Anty Laila pulled her in for a hug. "I am fine alhamdulillah" Asiya replied.

"Where is my son inlaw?". Anty asked. Which earned her a frown from Asiya.

"He'll be here soon, he's answering an important business... ". Before Anty Laila could finish her sentence. He walked in with a Salam. Everyone's attention drifted to him.

There he was......

I'm not so proud of this chapter 🙈😹💔. I wrote it in a crowded environment.
I promise to do better 😹😹😹.
Leave your comments. Don't forget to vote and share. Biko 🙏😹. Hugs and kisses ❤️