Chapter Six

Racap..
Stepping in front of the main door, i was about to knock when the door was swiftly opened revealing a cute small figure in front of me.....

Hassan's POV
My 5 years old niece, Aisha. "Uncle Hasshan". She exclaimed adding a "h" to my name as she always does.
I bent down and picked her up. "Hey princess, where's mommy?". I asked a busy Aisha who was playing with my cap. She motioned towards the kitchen with her head. "And daddy?". I asked. "Out". She said curtly.

We got to the kitchen and my sister, Amaya looked at me with a smile. "Hey big bro, it's so nice of you to drop by after two weeks of returning from the USA". She said sarcastically. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Amaya, you know how my work is". I said with a guilty smile, scratching the nape of my neck to which she scoffed. "So farouq is out?" I asked even though i knew.

Farouq is my friend and business partner that got married to my sister Amaya.

"Okay tell me, what did Mom do this time?". Amaya asked leaving me shocked. "Wh-what!?, and what gives you the idea that mom has done something?". I asked raising both my eyebrows waiting for answers.
"Ohh c'mon, you always turn to me or Farouq when Mom does things that are way over the top".
"You are unbelievable". I sighed defeatedly.
After minutes of explaining what went on today, we discussed for more than an hour before i decided to take my leave since Farouq was busy and couldn't come home.

I left for home ready to speak to Mom, reaching the main gate of the house and it got immediately opened by the security guard. I pulled up in the parking lot and got to my own apartment.
I took a quick shower and got a sweatpants and a T-shirt from the walk-in closet. I approached the main building and headed to mom's room. While knocking on the door, I entered with a Salam.

I found her her praying so i sat down by the edge of the bed and waited for her to finish....

Few minutes later she was done and turned towards me.

Here we go

"Hassan?". Mom called which sounded more like a question. "What brings you here? I thought you didn't want any discussion regarding this marriage matter". Mom said. I breathed and got the courage to speak. "Mom why?, why that girl?, why that family?". I asked Mom. I had a lot of questions in mind which i couldn't say out loud.
Mom got up from the prayer mat and sat beside me. "Hassan, i just want to see you settled down. At least feel the joy of having a wife, being loved, taken care of. I'm not saying you must marry Asiya but i considered her due to the fact that she's my friend's daughter". Mom said and heaved a sigh before she continued. "Going back on my words now would ruin my friendship with Amina. I just want to see you happy". Mom confessed. You could hear the crack in her voice as she was speaking and if there's one thing i don't want is to see my mother's tears. "But Mom i'm happy". I said to her.
"I know you are, but marriage is different. The happiness and contentment is on another level. Communication and love is the key". Mom said with a little smile.
I groaned a little before speaking. "Okay Mom, I'll get married to Anty Amina's daughter". Mom's sadness was replaced with joy.

".... but". I continued. "But what?". She asked, her joy yet again replaced with confusion and curiosity.
"I'm not getting married to that shameless girl, Asiya. I want Yusrah". I said confidently.
"Jasrah!!? Mom exclaimed which sounded like a question." Yeah Yusrah, Jasrah. Whatever her name is ". I said.

Mom looked taken aback."But she's Amina's step daughter and i know Amina well enough. She won't agree to that". Mom said.

"Then i guess i'm not getting married anytime soon Mom". I said and stood up to leave but Mom got a hold of my wrist.

"I'll speak to Amina". She said which came out as a whisper.

"Okayyyy, that's it then. Bye Mom". I gave her a little smile and headed for the door.

"And Hassan". Mom called. "Yeah?". I asked.
"Thank you". Mom said with teary eyes, smiling.

I gave a nod and went to my apartment. I got myself busy with a whole lot of work.

After hours of going through files, I checked the time and saw it was 11:25 am. Which got me a bit surprised.

I rounded up and got into bed.

"Jasrah". I whispered before switching off the lights.

(yawn)😴. What a relief. Ayam sooooo tired and lazy. I'm glad I'm done with this chapter. Enjoy
Xoxo ❤️❤️