Chapter Five

Hassan's POV
I drove onto the porch of a nice looking home with Mom on the passengers seat. The drive was quiet.

"Why would she bring up a marriage proposal to a family i didn't know without my say on it." I thought.

Just before i could step out, my phone began to vibrate. "Umm, you should go inside, I'll be there in a couple of minutes. I need to take this call". I told Mom. She stepped out and headed towards the only visible door.

The phone call ended five minutes later.

"They must be waiting for me". I said. I got out of the car and walked up to an open door through which Mom followed.

"Salam..". I greeted looking at all 4 ladies standing in what i presume should be a sitting room.

"There he is". Mom exclaimed with a wide grin plastered on her face.
All eyes were on me. "Well this is awkward". I thought. A lady obviously in her early twenties rushed to my side and led me further into the sitting room. She was literally bashing her eyelashes at me to which i ignored and internally scoffed.
You could see the thick layer of makeup on her face.

"What had Mom gotten me into?" I asked myself. I averted my attention from the baked face lady and greeted Anty Asiya who was over dressed and also wore a huge amount of makeup.

"Good morning ma'am".
"How are you my son?, look how all grown up you've become". She said with a huge grin.
"I'm good, Alhamdulillah". I answered curtly.
"Well Hassan". Anty Amina called to me. "This is my daughter, Asiya". Motioning to the baked face lady as i liked to call her. I looked at her and wondered. "How does one feel comfortable in such a hideous makeup and an indecent clothing?".

My attention drifted back to Anty Amina who began speaking again. "And this is my step daughter, Jasrah". I looked to where Anty Amina was looking. I was sure i saw a frown on her face but i brushed it off.
That was when i fully noticed a beautiful, petite figure standing by a corner in the sitting room. "An unbaked face lady". I chuckle internally.

"Good morning". She greeted with a cute, shy smile to which i gave her a nod.

We were sitted at the dining room. The so called Asiya sat beside me. Throwing herself at me and trying to force a conversation. I clenched my jaw due to the blood boiling in me.

Anty Amina began speaking, looking directly at me. "My child, I'm sure Laila has already had a conversation with you regarding my daughter, Asiya". I nodded.

"Doesn't he get a headache with that much nod". I heard a faint voice coming from the opposite direction and realized it was Yusrah or what was her name again. I gave her a glare. Raising her head, her eyes landed on me and i was sure i saw her gulp.

I couldn't spend any more minute in the house so i excused myself with an excuse of work, leaving my food halfly eaten.

I was driving with no particular location in mind. My palms tightened against the steering wheel. Driving at a high speed, i couldn't just control the anger i was feeling.

"How could Mom even consider that shameless girl to be my wife?" . I asked gritting my teeth till i felt my jaw begin to hurt. I didn't want to go home so i went to the only place i could get my mind off things.

Arriving at the main gate to the house.
"Ina kwana oga, sannu da zuwa (Good morning boss, you are welcome). The security guard greeted me and quickly opened the gate to the house. I parked at an empty spot in the parking lot.

Stepping in front of the main door, i was about to knock when the door was swiftly opened revealing a cute small figure in front of me.....

Let's call this a cliff hanger. So i decided to give a POV of Hassan. What do you think?
Drop your comments, share and vote please. They really matter 🙏❤️
PS:what do you think about the chosen cover?