Chapter Seventeen: Somewhere only we know

Erica's POV

I woke up a few hours later, still thinking about Ben. I just can't forget him. He was the only person who had supported me. He never gave up in trying to thaw my cold exterior. And he did it. I would have never thought I'd even have normal feelings. But only when he'd just managed to make me normal again, he just left.

The last words he said to me were

"Loving you is a promise I'll never break. I'll meet you somewhere only we know"

Does he mean he wanted to meet me in heaven? Tears started to stream down my face. But somehow I felt something was wrong. Why couldn't I find his body? Did he get captured by SPYDER? Wait. Somewhere only we know?! It's either the Washington Monument or...

There's only one place.

I stormed towards the rec center. It brought back the memories when mom tied me up in there. I felt a sudden wave of sadness.

I pushed the switch down into the wall and the TV revealed the room.

Ben was there, just lying on the floor.

When he saw me his face lit up with joy, he smiled at me and said, "Took you long enough"

For the first time in my life, I smiled broadly. Every bit of my sadness was replaced by happiness. I didn't even realize I was hugging Ben until he pulled away awkwardly. He had the same foolish grin on his face.
The same grin that made me fall for him.

Ben's POV

Erica hugged me. It was so nice seeing her again. I knew she would figure it out. Nothing can describe my happiness seeing Erica. I really love her so much.

When we turned to the door I saw Zoe. Oh this is gonna be awkward, I thought. But then I saw Mike behind Zoe. They were holding hands. Wait, Zoe and Mike are dating?!

Before I knew it, the words slipped out of my mouth. They looked at each other and said, "Yup."

"No way! I feel so happy for you guys!"

They just smiled and Zoe leaned onto Mike, resting her head on his shoulder and wrapping her arms around his waist. Mike blushed a bit. I knew he had liked Zoe for a long time. And seeing my two best friends together is like the happiest thing ever!

Suddenly I felt Erica's hand slipping into mine. Mike noticed this and gave me a wink before leaving with Zoe. I turned around to see Erica giving me one of her rare smiles. I remember the first time seeing Erica and thinking she was so perfect. Absolutely gorgeous and yet so deadly. But now that I've known her on a whole other level, I found that she's really just a normal teenager, maybe a really smart and independent one who knew how to defuse bombs at three years old, but nonetheless just a teenage girl.

I'm so lucky I got to know her. And I can't thank her enough for trusting me. We kissed for the third time and this one was much much longer than the previous ones. Everything was perfect. "I love you Erica Hale."

To my surprise, she replied, "I love you too Ben."

Then she added, "Maybe we could be in a relationship after all."

I smiled. She sounded unsure but nobody will ever understand how much that means to me. I'd waited so long for her to say that. And her finally saying this means she really trusts me more than anyone else. We just stared into each other's eyes and got lost in happiness, forgetting about everything else.

Our stars had really aligned.
Loving you is a promise I'll never ever break.

Soooo close to the end!! Even I don't want it to end lol