The Alpha's Daughter

"What are you doing?"

Leandre does not utter a single response. He stands awkwardly in front of me, keeping both hands at the back and smiling as if there was nothing wrong or suspicious about the situation. A white nameplate is on the left chest area of his onesie, one that read 'James Doe.'

"Let me rephrase my question. Leandre, why are you wearing a janitor's uniform?" Not that he didn't look good in a onesie that definitely shows off his biceps muscles and his pecs. Let's not get too distracted,

He scratches the nape of his neck and answers, "This is the disciplinary action I was given, after being absent yesterday without proper notice."

I narrow my eyes at him, not entirely convinced of his reason. But then again, I haven't actually skipped school much before, unless if it's a vacant period or during early dismissals, so I wouldn't know about the consequences for missing a school day. Wait. Does this mean Jace will have to provide service for the school at the end of the year with all his absences?

Also, does Leandre enjoy cleaning? He helped me the other day and now he's here cleaning again. Is it his hobby?

"Oh, and here." He hands me the yearbook. "There's no point hiding it when you've seen it already."

I stare at the yearbook in my hands and caress it. Would mom freak out if she finds this at home?

"Thank you for this, Leandre. But won't you get in trouble, though?"

"No need to thank me. I'm sure you must be curious about it. And you didn't exactly grab one the other day since you didn't want to get in trouble. I took the liberty of asking Mrs. Dane if I could have one of the yearbooks in the storage room. She said the ones in there are all junk so she couldn't care less," he explains with a grin on his face.

I did not notice it earlier, but he had dirt on his forehead. I giggle at the sight of it and use the handkerchief in my pocket to wipe it off.

Leandre tenses at my touch—surprised at the sudden gesture. His ears turn pinkish and I can feel his face warming up.

"Are you alright, Leandre? Your face feels warm. Do you perhaps have a fever?"

He shakes his head. "I'm alright. It just feels a bit hot."

"Maybe that's because of what you're wearing?" I ask him, still wondering why he'd wear the janitor's uniform. I'm pretty sure wearing one wasn't required when cleaning up any of the rooms here.

Leandre awkwardly laughs and questions, "Is there any chance you're free later? If you are, would you like to go out and watch a movie or something?"

I gawk at his casual tone. All the worries inside my head flying out like butterflies. "There's a lot of werewolf stuff going on, so I'll take a rain check on that offer. I'll text you." My face suddenly falls when I realize I don't have his number. I check my pocket to find my phone, but it seems like I left it in my bag. "I'd ask for your number but it seems like I left my phone."

"That's fine. I'll see you in class. I must return this." He points to his outfit and leaves the scene.

I shrug and return back to my friends with the yearbook in hand. I don't want to open it yet, not with the others around at least. I'll just keep it with me and decide what to do with it later. It hasn't been long since I found out I'm a werewolf. I don't know what I'd do if another secret is spilled. It will be too much for me to handle.

"Alpha approved."

I internally do a backflip before putting the yearbook inside my bag. Thank the heavens Chris didn't try to hide the packhouse from me. I frown when I see the expression on Jace's face. "What's with that look? It seems like you're disappointed he did."