The Abandoned Room

"Where's Nikki?"

That is the first question Leandre questions his sibling after getting reunited after the morning classes. Leandre and Nicole are both in the same class and strand—this means that they have most of their classes together. After their meeting at the storage room this morning, he has been anticipating their moments together for the rest of the day. He even plans on asking her out to a cafe or a movie later. Though, that is now deemed as difficult, considering that Nicole is nowhere inside the school premises.

"She's not around?" Xandrine asks her brother, her eyebrows meeting. She has just placed her tray of food on the table. She sits across her brother and beside Dylan, getting ready to gobble everything up. Uncharacteristically, she woke up late this morning and didn't get the chance to eat breakfast.

Today, Dylan's little brother named Wyatt joins them for lunch. Despite being a sophomore, he's already training to follow in his brother's footsteps as one of the best fighters in the pack. Where there's Wyatt, there follows Franz and Tony—his little squad.

Leandre sighs audibly and in worry. "I haven't seen a glimpse of her blonde locks ever since we spoke this morning."

"They're probably letting her prepare for tonight," Xavier comments, not looking up at any of them. He busies himself studying for an upcoming test whilst munching on the french fries on his plate.

Dylan's eyes light up and he adds excitedly, "OOH. That's right! I remember her friend bringing over a cake the other day. I overheard him say it's her birth week.

"It's safe to guess that she'll be shifting tonight." Xandrine shrugs and then takes a bite of her burger.

Leandre takes a big bite off of his pizza. All his worries aren't going anytime sooner. "That won't take a lot of time... right?"

Xandrine rolls her eyes at her brother's frantic demeanor. "She's probably with her siblings or friends. Her brother's the Alpha and the strongest in their pack. Most people from their pack are skilled fighters. You don't have to worry about it."

"Her sister is around though?" Dylan responds, earning a smack to the head by Xandrine. "Ow! You didn't have to hit me!"

Xandrine glares at him, making him shut his blabbering mouth.

Franz interjects, his eyes staring straight at the restless Alpha heir, "I don't get it. Why are you so worked up about her, Leandre? It's not like she's helpless."

"Also," Wyatt begins to say, "you've been following her like a lovesick pup. Where's your pride?"

Dylan, Xavier, and Leandre growl.

"That's the future Alpha you are talking to. Watch your tone, young man," Dylan warns.

Xavier defends Leandre by saying, "You don't have your mate yet. You won't understand."

"That's rich coming from another mate-less wolf," Wyatt grumbles before putting a spoonful of lasagna bits into his mouth. "I just noticed it though. Leandre, you got yourself in trouble, didn't you? Just for you to come here early today?"

"I noticed that as well. It's hard not to notice when the future alpha was wearing a uniform not fit for him," Franz adds.

Dylan and Xavier knit their eyebrows in confusion. The two look at their friend as if he had grown another head. Silence envelopes their table as they all wait for Leandre to provide an explanation.

"I had to get something from the storage room."

"For what?" Xavier asks in disbelief.

"For Nikki. I wanted to give it to her early in the morning."