05 | Here Goes Everything

Chapter Five
Jayce Mirella

January 18th, 9:00 pm. 

"What do we do in case of an emergency?" Blue asks as she parks on the curb beside a large house — more like a mansion.

The exterior was built entirely with light brown, nearly toffee-colored bricks with the roof a dark black that wrapped around into a perfectly symmetrical cone shape. The grass that circled around the home is a fresh green color that's vibrant even in the darkness that engulfs and swallows us whole.

There are two white pillars by the entrance with two illuminating adjacent lights on each pillar. The walk way leading up to the glamorous mansion holds light fixtures with every step you take along the pathway to guide you easily towards the front door. To make everything that much more glamorous, there is a pond of some sort near the driveway with the gushing of water drifting into the ears of anyone who passed by like the soft lull you hear as a child, if you were pampered that is.

The driveway wasn't regular pavement, it was the type of pavement you payed top dollar for despite the fact that it'd only be recognized by fellow rich people and ignoring the fact that their expensive car would run over it each and every day. I could only imagine how extravagant the inside looked just telling from how spectacular, and grand the outside looked.

My eyes are taking in everything as I look through the window of Blue's beat-up car. The smallest pang of jealousy hits me. I know that I'll never live in a house like this, not even in my dreams could I ever reside in a place like this nevertheless a neighborhood with top notch security and haughty individuals who thought it was an given that they were fortunate enough to send their kids to the best schools, drive the best vehicles, never worry about going hungry or infestation of rodents. It's that privilege that they'd be able to experience, and pass down onto their future children who'd end up passing it onto their own kids. It was a never ending cycle that I'd never be able to throw myself into ever because a life like this isn't meant for someone like me.

I didn't fit in, I never would.

Clearing my throat as my thoughts begin to weigh down on my mood, I turn my head to look at Blue while my body faces the home. Her attire is almost as comical as the look on her face. She wears a black hoodie with black leggings that definitely had holes somewhere on them, but it's not like I didn't mirror her.

The difference between our attire is my lack of a black beanie, and black lipstick because I wasn't as extra as her. I don't know why she assumed that she needed black lipstick when firstly, she isn't the one going inside so her outfit isn't necessary at all and secondly, this isn't some cheaply made Disney Channel movie. She packed her whole head of hair into the beanie somehow, I could see a black face mask poking out of the black hoodie she wears.

I have no intentions of roasting her ass on her outfit because I can do it in my head and be content enough, I can also see the nervousness on her face despite how much she pushed me to let her tag along. Her hazel eyes continue to nervously glance at the house a few feet away from the house we are parked next to with her anxiety rolling off of her in waves that peaked every now and then, disturbing my own nerves.

It's Leon's house.

The outside of his house is similar to the one I'm about to rob -- that sounded weird even in my own head -- with the exception of the pond and pillars. His house has a larger field of grass with a longer driveway that wraps around the house made with a similar brick structure but the color of the bricks are much darker, the roof triangular shaped.