Eleven

We got to the hospital together, walking in side by side and I immediately noticed Ashton waiting at the door.

"Hi" I spoke to him as he we made eye contact.

"Andrea- you know your family is at risk right now, why would you leave without someone?" He asked me quickly.

We've always been at risk, it's just that no one has cared until now.

"I don't know" I mumbled, praying he wouldn't yell at me, because I couldn't take that without crying.

"I know things are frustrating and you're trying to process a lot of emotions right now, but you can't just run off when you get frustrated, we all have to keep you safe and we have to know where you are to do that. So when you're frustrated, just go to my office or one of the other guys' offices, no one will mind." He spoke to me.

I didn't know what to say back.

"Thank you" I mumbled to him.

"I'm sorry that I scared you." I spoke, watching the smallest smile appear on his lips.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you didn't go too far." He told me slowly.

We went to his office where he discussed what he knew of my moms plans for the funeral

She had made it a bit smaller, but yet it was still going to draw attention, but I guess if she didn't care, I shouldn't either.

Soon Michael joined us, sitting with us and talking.

"When do we go home?" I asked once it was quiet- wanting nothing but my bed.

"Your house will be marked as a crime zone until the man is caught." Michael told me- almost making my jaw drop.

"We volunteered our house as a safe house for you guys, because out of the list of safe houses and the officers that offered their homes- ours is the most secure, so I think you guys will end up with us and police will just stay in the neighborhood to be sure." Ashton spoke slowly.

"You guys volunteered your house for me and my mom go stay in?" I asked slowly, honestly not believing it.

"Yes, we didn't see any problem, but if you're uncomfortable-" "no, no" I spoke quickly, laughing lightly.

"I'm not uncomfortable, you're just- going to regret that" I laughed lightly.

"And why will we regret it?" Michael asked me

"You've met the good side of my mom." I told them firmly

"You will soon meet the bad side of her, and I promise you- you'll want to kick her out as soon as you can." I told them .

"I doubt that" Ashton smiled lightly to me.

"I bet you a hundred dollars."