Chapter 2

Cody's POV

After getting ready, I left my penthouse. I got in my car, Bugatti La Voiture Noire. It was my precision toy. My girl. I was going to attend the wedding. It was Jenna's wedding. She was my sister-in-law's best friend and my ex. Actually, I wasn't invited to the wedding, but I decided to attend the wedding for annoying Jenna, and I wanted to see her freaking sexy friend, Ivory. I came across her a few times when I was hanging out with Tristan and Mila, but I hadn't had an opportunity to make a move on her because of Jenna. She always intervened, warning me to stay away from her when I wanted to talk to Ivory. She annoyed me, so attending her wedding was some kind of revenge too.

When I arrived, I saw Tristan and Mila getting out of Tristan's car. They gave me a surprised look as they saw me. I winked at them with an arrogant expression and got out of the car.

"What are you doing here?" Tristan asked as soon as I approached them.

"I came to the wedding." I replied nonchalantly and put my hand into my pocket.

"Cody!" Tristan exclaimed, annoyed and breathed deeply as he pulled me away from Mila a little. "Stay away from Ivory. Jenna will kill you if she sees you here or finds out why you are here." He warned me firmly.

"Why? Ivory isn't a child. She can make her own decisions." I reminded. "And why is it the problem that I am here?" I asked, giving him an innocent look.

"She is your ex. Now you came to her wedding without being invited. Considering how you ditched her, I don't think she would be so happy to see you here. Moreover, you are here to seduce her friend." He hissed.

"Bro, relax. We didn't properly date. It was a few nights and dates which I went for you. Did you forget that you asked me to get Mila's phone number from her?" I whispered in his ear and winked at him, grinning.

He gave me a dirty look and looked at Mila who was busy with her phone. He gave her a nervous smile, trying to find out if she heard me. I chuckled in amusement.

"And it isn't my problem what she thinks." I commented, smirking and walked towards the entrance.

"Cody!" Tristan called me, frustrated.

"Come on, bro. We are getting late." I shouted without stopping and smirked, amused.

I was sipping my champagne while searching for Ivory. Suddenly, a brunette caught my attention. She looked stunning in her black dress. I whistled slowly, roaming her from head to toe. I couldn't remember her, but she looked so familiar.

Get a grip, Cody!

You are on a mission. Don't get distracted.

I cleared my throat as I put my hand into my pocket, averting my gaze.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jenna hissed angrily, interrupting my thoughts as she approached me quickly.

"Hey. Congratulations!" I grinned.

She frowned in annoyance and gave me a dirty look. "What are you doing here? I don't remember inviting you." She stated, trying to control her anger.

"I came to have fun. And don't worry. I forgave you for forgetting to invite me." I replied, giving her a smug smirk and looked at Ivory who finally arrived. She looked freaking hot in her red strapless mini dress. I smirked while roaming her body.

"Stay away from her!" Jenna warned me, frustrated as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I asked, giving her an arrogant smirk.

"Don't talk bullshit!" She exclaimed furiously.

"Do you want me to yourself?" I asked seductively and bit my lower lip, looking into her eyes.

"Shut up, Cody!" She snapped.

I chuckled and took a step towards her. I leaned towards her ear and whispered huskily. "If you chanced your mind and understood how boring your groom is, my car is parked outside." I winked at her as I pulled back.

"Ugh! Stay away from us!" She snarled, annoyed and walked away.

I grinned, looking at her butt while she was walking towards Mila as I took a sip from my champagne.

"Oh. Who is here?!" Tristan commented, giving me a teasing grin as he approached me.

"Who?" I asked, puzzled.

"Don't you remember her?" He asked as he pointed to the familiar girl who I noticed before.

"No, but she looks so familiar." I confessed as I looked at the girl and took a sip from my champagne.

"How could you forget the first girl who rejected you as well as slapped you?" He stated, giving me a wide smirk.

I looked at the girl attentively. That mesmerizing brown eyes. That silky brown hair. Fuck! The flashbacks from that night replayed in my mind.

"Damn it! Of course! It is her." I confirmed, staring at her.

"Be careful, Cody. Don't get slapped again." Tristan teased me and walked towards his wife.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and looked at the girl, gritting my teeth. Suddenly, she looked at me, letting our eyes meet. I winked at her, giving her a devilish smirk as I raised my glass. She looked at me, confused, trying to remember me. Her expression changed instantly as she remembered me. She gave me a dirty look and averted her gaze.

"Hey, Cody." I turned my gaze as a familiar voice called me.

"Ivory!" I exclaimed happily as she approached me.

"I didn't wait to see you here." She confessed, giving me a bright smile after kissing my cheek.

"Why not? We are modern people, aren't we?!" I winked at her. She nodded, smiling. "And actually, I came here for you." I confessed huskily, looking into her eyes.

"Hmm." She took a sip from her drink and bit her lower lip seductively without taking her eyes off me for a second. "I am glad to hear it. I looked forward to seeing you again." She admitted, looking into my eyes.

A wide smirk appeared on my face. "Then what about to talk privately?" I asked provocatively as I leaned towards her ear.

She gave me a seductive grin as she nodded. "I think there are some cozy places for having a chat without getting disturbed." She commented in a flirtatious tone as she trailed her hand along my chest. I gave her a cocky smirk as I placed my hand on her lower back and headed us inside the building.