Chapter 33

Emily's POV

I looked at him, surprised. I cleared my throat, pulling myself together.

"Umm... Yes, he likes me." I mumbled and took a sip from my tea.

He gave me a devilish grin and corrected. "He loves you, Emily. He loves." I looked at him without saying anything. "I know Cody very well. Both of you agreed to get married because of our father's pressures, and you didn't love each other as a normal couple who decided to get married." He added, giving me a sympathetic look. I bit my lower lip, blushing. "But everything changed. My little brother fell in love with his own wife." He confirmed in amusement and chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, I don't think so. I think you misunderstood it. Yeah, we get along well now, but that's all." I stated, giving him a sad smile.

Cody didn't love me. Yes, we were together now, but it was temporary. Moreover, it was just lust for him. Nothing more. I was one of his girls who kept him company in the bed. I accepted it knowingly, hoping that he would maybe love me someday like I did. But deep in my heart, I knew that it was just an illusion. Everything would end as we agreed. Of course, I couldn't tell Tristan about our agreement.

He gave me an unconvinced look and declared. "Are you sure? He remembers every detail about you: what you love or hate, how you drink your coffee, what you do when you are nervous or angry and so on." I looked at him, confused and remembered everything Cody knew about me one by one. Tristan gave me a wicked grin and continued. "Cody never gives attention to details. Because of it he always forgets these things. He doesn't even know how I drink my coffee. He always brings me latte, but I hate it." He grinned, shaking his head.

I looked at him, speechless. Is it possible? So Cody loves me.... But if he loved me, why didn't he tell me anything?

"My idiot brother loves you. But I can not assure you he will understand it himself." He commented and gave me a mischievous smirk.

"What are you talking about you?" Cody asked cheerfully as he approached us and sat down beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I was telling Emily about how you ran to my room when you got scared of darkness at night in childhood." Tristan replied, giving him a mocking smirk.

"Hey! I wasn't scared. I... I just wanted to spend some time with my brother." Cody scowled childishly. I couldn't hold myself and burst out laughing. "Hey!" He gave me a dirty look as he tightened his grip around me. Tristan chuckled, amused.

While Cody was driving his car, I was thinking about what Tristan had said, leaning my head back against the headrest, staring at Cody.

Is it true? Does Cody really love me? Maybe, Tristan was right.

If Cody didn't feel anything towards me, he wouldn't be so caring, thoughtful, affectionate and romantic towards me. Maybe, I should confess my feelings towards him. Perhaps, he felt the same about me too. Yes, I would tell him how I felt towards him.

Cody parked his car in front of the mansion and turned towards me, giving me a charming smile. I smiled back at him as he placed a soft kiss on top of my hand, grabbing it. Then we got out of the car and walked towards the door, holding each other's hands.

As we were about to walk in, I pulled his hand towards me, stopping him.

He stopped, turning towards me and asked, giving me a questioning look. "What happened?"

I smiled and cupped his cheeks, looking into his eyes. He gave me a puzzled look.

"I love you, jerk." I stated, giving him an innocent smile and kissed his lips.

I pulled back and looked at him, waiting for him to say something. He was staring at me without saying anything, his mouth agape. I bit my lower lip nervously.

A few minutes later, he burst out laughing as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him and said, grinning. "I love you too, Feisty."

I smiled happily as soon as I heard his confession and jumped on him. He laughed as he caught me and swirled me around, his arms wrapped around my waist tightly. I wrapped my legs around his waist and brushed my lips against his lips.

Cody's POV

A few weeks ago, when Emily confessed her feelings towards me, she made me the happiest man in the world. If someone told me that one day I would fall in love with that girl who annoyed me so much, I would burst out laughing. However, I fell in love with her madly. I was in love with my beautiful wife. But my happiness didn't last long. I didn't understand what happened, but she had been acting strange the last two weeks; every time when I wanted to touch her, she made excuses and almost ran away. Maybe she regretted it, and she didn't want me anymore. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what she had been telling me before we fell in love: how bad I acted towards women, how she couldn't understand why women wanted me and so on. Maybe, she didn't fall in love with me; she mixed lust with love. Now she got bored with it, and she didn't want me anymore.

Why does a woman like her want a player like me?! A husband with a big bad reputation. Or maybe, she wanted to get revenge; she planned to make me fall in love with her, use me and then, dump me.... No, she wouldn't do this. She wasn't a bad girl.

No, don't think about it! Ugh! I am going to be crazy soon. I sighed, running my hand through my hair angrily.

Thinking about all of these gave me nightmares. I didn't know what I would do if she decided to break up with me. Especially now, when our agreement was going to end in two months.

Okay, calm down, Cody! Maybe, she didn't feel good. Don't exaggerate! Or, she got exhausted at the company so much. I breathed deeply and left the bathroom.

When I walked into the bedroom, I saw Emily putting on her dress.

"Let me help you, Em." I said softly as I approached her while she was trying to zip up her dress. It was an opportunity for me to find out if she didn't want me anymore, or it was just in my head.

"Umm...Thanks." She mumbled, giving me a slight smile.

I approached her and pulled her hair to the side, standing close to her. I zipped up her dress slowly, brushing my fingertips against her soft skin while breathing in her mind-blowing scent. I missed her so much.

"I missed you." I whispered in her ear and placed a soft kiss on her neck as I wrapped my arms around her waist from back, pressing her against my body.

"Cody..." She muttered as I turned her around and cupped her cheek.

"I want you." I admitted and smashed my lips against her lips, pulling her closer to me.

A few seconds later, she pushed me back and took a few steps back.

"Cody, I have to go. I have a meeting early this morning." She mumbled hurriedly as she grabbed her bag and left the bedroom without letting me say anything.

I clenched my fist as I gritted my teeth in frustration while watching her leave.

Fuck! What is going on with her?!