Chapter 12

"Tessa I've got a surprise." I hear Quentin yell from down stairs. The past couple days have consisted of me cooped up in either Quentin and I's house or Emma and Oliver's. The dark angry bruises around my eyes have faded to green and yellow splotches that are unnoticeable with a bit of consealer. Today is Friday and someone from the council is bringing over the documents declaring Silver Dawn a recognized pack, and tonight the whole pack is celebrating with a party at the pack house.

"I'm coming." I finish hiding any stay bruises with the make up because I don't want Carrie or any of the other women to think they've won. Emma promised to stick by my side tonight so there won't be any sequels to training with them. If it weren't for Quentin I probably would have gone insane by now. We've spent the week getting to know each other better and getting into the swing of taking care of the pack together. Between helping Quentin with paperwork and helping Emma with Otis I've almost forgotten why I'm stuck inside. Almost.

Slipping on my sandals I shut the light off in my room and head down the stairs to meet Quentin in the kitchen. I struggle to clasp my charm bracelet as I round the corner into the hallway almost bumping into someone.

"Need help with that?" I almost get whip lash from shooting my head straight up. Fletcher stands in front of me acting casual as if it's a normal day at home. Looking behind him I see Ryder leaning against the counter with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Dad!" I scream jumping into Fletcher's awaiting arms. He chuckles into my hair squeezing me tight. My heart clenches as his familiar smell surrounds me making me feel at home. A second pair of arms encircle us almost making me tear up. I've missed my dads so much over this past week spent without them, but I don't think the full weight of my home sickness hit me until just now.

"I missed you so much." I whisper worried if I talk any louder my voice will crack. One of them kisses my crown as they pull back. Fletcher is able to keep his composure, but I see the tears swimming in Ryder's eyes.

"We missed you too angel." Ryder breaths taking ahold of Fletcher's hand. I take a second to process all the jumbled words bouncing around in my head so I can string together a conherant sentence.

"Is everything okay?" I know they were planning on coming down soon, but I'm a little worried that they showed up with no notice. I hope nothing is wrong back at home.

"Of course. Did you really think we were going to miss you getting inducted as Luna?" Fletcher asks with a teasing tone, and just like that my nerves are back front and center. I keep trying to act like tonight isn't that big of a deal but it is. From tonight on I will be formally recognized as Luna of Silver Dawn, and then there is no turning back. Not that I want to. It's just a lot of responsibilities that I haven't fully processed yet.

"You had something to do with this didn't you?" I lean to look around my dads at a sly Quentin acting innocent while drinking a glass of water. With all the time we've spent together this week I wouldn't have thought he would have had the time to plan all this.

"He calls us everyday." Ryder blurts out which Fletcher elbows him in the side for. My eyebrows shoot up in shock as blush creeps up  Quentin's neck. "What?" Ryder snaps at Fletcher while rubbing his side. "It's sweet and she should know." He points out picking up his coffee cup off the counter.

"Is that true?" I take slow steps till I'm standing right in front of an embarrassed Quentin. He scratches the back of his neck trying to look anywhere but me. I press my palm against his cheek forcing him to look down at me.

"Thank you." I pull him down into a hug wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders. His considerate behavior over the past week has warmed my heart, and I need to figure out a way to make it up to him. A throat clearing from behind us snaps us out of our own little bubble. Now it's my turn to blush as Fletcher sends me a pointed look and Ryder smirks from behind him.