chapter five

UP ABOVE IS WHO I HAVE CASTED FOR KRIS, YOU CAN HAVE ANYONE YOU LIKE AS HER, THIS IS JUST MY PICK.

ANYWAYS CONTINUING READING THE HUNT!!!

"the boy who warned you?" she asked as she sat on the bed next to me, I nodded my head choking back the tears.

"oh" was all she said as she let out a breath.

"what am I supposed to do Kris?" I asked as I looked over at her.

"I don't know Iris, this isn't a regular situation, I mean yeah it's not uncommon for our people to have human mates, but a hunter? that's never happened before" she laughs out at the end.

"what will the pack think? will they hate me even more than they already do?" I sighed out.

"there's nothing they can do about it, he's who the moon goddess set you up with, he's your soulmate Iris, and as for our parents, they obviously won't be happy about it but they know it's not anything any of us have control over" she shrugged after, and she's right, we can't do anything about it, we can't choose our mates, unfortunately the moon goddess wanted to torture me a little more.

"Kris?" I ask softly.

"yeah?" she says stroking my hair like a mom does to her kids.

"what if he rejects me?" I ask, finally letting her know what truly scared me.

"I'm sure if you got to know him before he knows what you are, he'd fall for you and love you even after you reveal yourself" she said rubbing my back again.

"I don't even know where he is Kris, and besides would having him as the Alpha to rule next to me even be a good idea? maybe it's best I don't find him" I let out a shuddery breath.

"You can't do that Iris, you know what will happen to you, you'll die, you can't go past four months without being with your mate once you found them, it will slowly kill you" she choked out, obviously scared that I'll eventually die.

"Yeah I know but I'm trying to think rationally and about what's best for the pack, and having a hunter as an Alpha doesn't sound like the smartest move does it?" she groaned.

"this isn't about the pack this is about your life, who's going to rule if you die?"

"you" I say simply.

"Well that title belongs to you Iris, and if you die we'll all be heartbroken" she pleaded.

"I just don't even know where to look for him honestly" I say lowering my head feeling defeated

"well we'll be going to the other pack house near the Ravenstone pack, I'm sure he can't live too far away from here if this is where they have been roaming, they never scout areas that are too far from their homes, and if they do it's long term trips" I nodded my head in understanding.

"and I know we've had hunter problems in the past so maybe it's part of their crew" she shrugged.

"yeah maybe" I said feeling a little better now that I had this talk with Kris.

"let's just hope that the next time you run into him, it's in human form" she chuckled nervously and I laughed as well.

"we'll see" I smirked at her.

"I'm serious Iris" she deadpanned.

"okay okay, next time I'll be more careful I promise" I say placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Kris I just wanted to say thank you, for being here for me no matter what, I feel like you're my therapist" I chuckled.

"and thank you for not being one of those annoying little sisters who never shuts the fuck up" I continued.