chapter sixteen

I kept walking down the long empty road, thinking about everything that had happened tonight, about Jasper and how I look at him as if he's a stranger, because he is, he isn't the Jasper I used to know and I can't help but blame myself for that, did me not reciprocating his feelings make him turn into this?

Just then I heard tires from behind and I jumped as a black Range Rover pull up next to me with the windows rolled down and I was on edge as I eyed the truck, the person in the driver side rolled down the window and I was met with Xanders handsome face and my body instantly relaxed as he smiled sadly at me.

"let me drive you home" he said and I smiled

"no thank you, I can walk" I said and he sighed

"I'm not letting you walk alone at night, especially in that" he said as his eyes scan my body making me shiver.

"what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked as I looked down at the purple dress.

"nothing I think you look, sexy as fuck, but anything could happen to you" he said and I blushed as he smirked at me, and I of course gave into him considering my wolf was literally yelling at me in my head for saying no thank you in the first place.

"okay fine" I huffed and he smiled triumphantly, I walked over to the other side of the Rover and Hopped into the passenger side and his intoxicating scent filled my nose making my insides all warm and fuzzy.

we started driving down the road, and now that I think about it, it would have been a long walk home considering it's a forty minute drive from his house to mine, my favorite song 'it's my bad' by Nico Collins came on the radio and I leaned forward to turn it up as I started to sing the lyrics with him smiling at me.

"It's my bad, It's my bad, never thought I'd see him in your bed, It's my bad, It's my bad, only meant to kill him in my head" I started singing and realized how much I related to this song now, making it kind of depressing if you think about it.

"I'm a psycho when I get to angry, yeah I did it but I'll say you made me, It's my bad, It's my bad, guess we're gonna have to live with that" I continued to sing while Xander's smile never left his face and he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

"blurry eyes, out of my mind, no I know I didn't think twice, but he lied, on my side, made me blow I apologize" I belted with him laughing making me stop out of embarrassment, I didn't realize how caught up in the song I had gotten, I really did relate to it though.

"sorry" I mumbled after turning the radio down a tad.

"oh don't apologize, I think you have a fantastic voice, and watching you get so consumed by a song is cute" he chuckled and I blushed crimson making him Laugh even harder.

"do you blush this much normally or is it just me that makes you blush?" he said with a smirk, and I thought that if I was going to develope my relationship with my mate, I'd have to start somewhere.

"It's you" I said shyly and he glanced over at me.

"you really are gorgeous Iris, I hope you know that" H said suddenly and I blushed even harder

"you're doing this on purpose" I groaned hiding my face with my hands and he chucked

"I'm being serious, you're absolutely the most beautiful women I've ever met, inside and out, seeing you blush is just a plus" he said with a wink and I smiled at him, he was making me feel so good about myself.

"you're just so tiny, and you're adorable, you remind me of a kitten" he said and I glared at him.

"I am not tiny" I said with a pout and crossed my arms across my chest.