chapter seventeen

I woke up that morning feeling pretty good about myself, my mate asked me out and he knows about Jasper so I don't have to worry about that, my family is okay with the fact that my mate is a hunter, of course there's the fact that I haven't told him I'm a werewolf but we'll get to that, eventually.

I took my shower and decided to get dressed for school, I was surprising happy to be going to a human school, I had some pretty cool friends and of course an amazing mate.

I changed into my grey crop top with black skinny jeans with rips in the knees, with my black boots and a dark green jacket.

I straightened my hair and ran down stairs to be met by my mom, she smiled at me sweetly and I returned it.

"well you seem to be in a good mood" my mom said after taking a sip of her morning coffee, frankly I think coffee is disgusting, I'd rather chug a energy drink.

"what makes you think that?" I asked and she raised an eyebrow

"hunny, I'm your mother, I notice these things" she said and I sighed taking a seat at the table next to her.

"ok so I may be in a better mood than usual" I said with a blush and she smirked at me.

"do tell more" she said while leaning on the table

"well, my mate asked me out on a date" I said meekly and she grinned

"oh this is wonderful, I can't wait to meet him" she said giddily and I smiled

"mom settle down" I laughed and she sighed while calming down.

"so this is the hunter correct?" she asked and I nodded my head in response.

"well, did you find any information about him and what he does?" she asked and I nodded.

"yes actually, and I think you might like this, he told me that he hates hunting just like the rest of our friends, he said they're all forced to because their families are involved" I said and she smiled.

"I'm glad it's not something they do as a choice, but now I think it would be best to find a way to meet his family and get to know them, maybe snoop around their house a bit, and it shouldn't be hard to meet the family since he asked you out, but promise if things get dangerous with his family you will back out, I don't want you getting hurt and I don't want you risking anything" she said.

"okay, I won't be risky, I promise" I said and just then Kris walked into the kitchen dressed extra as per usual, she wore a light pink elbow length sleeve shirt, with a green and white plaided mini skirt with white flats.