Liquor

Luca's POV

"I know Ms. Wilson, I-"

"I am not falling for this shit, tell Lorenzo to do his own bidding," she snaps, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"That's not it Ms. Wilson, Mr. Torres tricked MY father and me into signing a marriage contract and the only way to get Elena out of it is for you to sign it," I say, falling into the chair in front of her, defeated.

It was about the hundredth time I had explained the situation to her, but she just wouldn't listen.

"And why would he chose you to do this 'trick' on?" she asks, raising a eyebrow.

"Because I run the Mexican mafia,"

"And you got manipulated by my ex husband?" she challenges, looking as if she was about to laugh.

"I just, he mentioned that Elena, I just, he knew what buttons to push to get what he wanted," I sighed out, running a hand down my face, standing up.

"Sounds like Lorenzo," she mumbles, picking up the marriage contract that me and my father were tricked into signing.

It's quiet for a few minutes, well she reads over it, her expression emotionless, something that makes her look just like her daughter.

"How is she?" she suddenly asks, looking up from the papers that she was half way through.

I stay silent for a couple seconds, before shaking my head.

"Not good," was my simple answer, "Which is why I need you to sign these papers, throwing a unwanted marriage that you can't get out of at Elena will not make her any happier,"

"And you worry about her happiness?"

I look at her confused, scrunching my eyebrows together, my thoughts drifting back to all the times we lied awake at night, her crying in my arms.

"More than anything," I say, without even realizing the words were said out loud.

Ms. Wilson studied my face for a moment before grabbing the pen on the table and signing the paper.

Elena's POV

"The doctor can't make it, and we need to get her stitched up now Capo, she could die from blood loss," Mario says, pointing to the young 17 year old who was on the ground, against the car, with a gun shot wound in her thigh.

He was right, she needed to be stitched, but if they didn't get the bullet out and get her stitched in the next 5 minutes she's going to die from blood loss.

"Right, well, did he leave an emergency bag in the truck?" I ask, glancing at him briefly, before my gaze goes back to the young girl.

Sometimes I really question my decisions letting young people join my gang but then I remember how young I was when I made this gang, and how most of the reasons I did were the same reasons the teenagers in the gang, joined.

"No,"

"Fuck," I muttered, blinking roughly before telling him to go get me some liquor and my first aid kit from the front seat in my car.

He nodded with a 'yes Capo' before jogging off.

I walk up to the young girl before crouching down, giving her a small smile.

"Hey," I say softly, making eye contact with her before studying her wound.

"Hi boss," she mumbles drowsily.

"You know you can call me Elena right, I only make you call me boss when we are at events," I say, applying pressure to try to find where the bullet was, before apologizing when she winces.

Mario walks up to me with what I asked from him, and I thank him before grabbing the liquor and popping the lid.

I take a gulp, letting out a deep sigh before offering it to the girl.

"I don't drink," she mumbles.

"Babes, your really going to wanna, trust me," I say, giving her a sad smile.

I, under no means, want to pressure the child into underage drinking.

But I have no pain medication, and liquor is the closest thing to help decrease the pain that we got.

I am so going to kill the doctor for not leaving anything her incase of emergencies like this.

She takes the bottle from my grasp, before chugging about half of it.

Her face scrunched up but she continued.

I chuckle, shaking my head, before taking it back.

I take off my shirt, before balling it up and handing it to her.

"Bite down on this, because this is going to hurt," I say, giving her a encouraging smile.

She nods, taking it, well I grab the first aid kit, and open it.

I grab a pair of tweezer, and a sewing needle with thread, before cleaning the tweezers quickly with some liquor, setting them on her upper thigh.

"Ready?" I ask, grabbing the bottle of alcohol, looking for her to respond.

She bites down on my shirt, nodding slightly, well I poor the liquor onto the shot, disinfecting it.

She doesn't flinch, which is something that makes me proud and makes me wonder.

I use my fingers to feel for the bullet again, before pressing it as close to the bullet hole as I can, ignoring the slight fidget in her leg.

Something tells me she doesn't normally show pain so it must really hurt like a bitch.

I grab the tweezers before taking a deep breath and slowly sticking them into the bullet hole, slowly grasping the object, then pulling it out, in the same slow movement.

I drop it to the side of me, along with the tweezers, before glancing around at something I can attempt to clean up the sudden gushing of blood with.

"Mario," I snap, and luckily he knows what I need, handing me his shirt, that I clean her thigh with fast, before grabbing my needle connected the thread and starting right away, wanting to be finished as soon as possible.

I pressed the needle repeatedly through her skin pulling it tight then tying it off, cutting the excess thread with the pocket knife from my back pocket.

"We don't really have time to wrap this, so we're going to get you in the car, then to the house, okay," I say, wiping the hair out of her eyes.

She nods, giving me a small smile as a 'thank you', to which I nod.

My phone started ringing, and I roll my eyes at the caller I.D.

Luca.

'Hello?" I question, running a hand through my hair.

There was muffled talking, and I rolled my eyes again, annoyed.

'Luca, what do you want?' I ask, leaning against one of my cars.

Suddenly the voices became clearer and I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion.

'How is she?' a voice asks, that was not Luca's.

Did he really butt dial me.

I was about to hang up, when his next words stopped me.

'Not good, which is why I need you to sign these papers, throwing a unwanted marriage that you can't get out of at Elena will not make her any happier,' Luca says.

I froze, completely shocked to the core.

'And you worry about her happiness?' the voice questions.

They sound somewhat familiar.

'More than anything,' Luca says, his voice full of a unspoken emotion.

I quickly hung up the phone before I heard anything else, because I didn't know what to think.

What to do.

What the fuck did I just hear?