Chapter Eighteen

Torn down, full of aching
Somehow our youth would take the blame
Worn out, the way we let it stay
Novo Amor
(Carry you)
                                      __His First July

Chapter Eighteen

COLBY

I really don't know how it happened, but a day after Dany and I kinda got together, I found myself in Mandy's house, for another party, it was Maddox, her brother's birthday. She kinda convinced me to come around, assuring me Daniel wasn't invited, although it really wouldn't have mattered if he was there or not. I could handle myself quite okay... Besides, the only reason why I kinda almost died was because I joined the class for that run, and then stressed over Daniel. 

Dany and I went to the party together, although she'd gone primarily to discuss some things with one of Maddox’s classmate who was supposed to be organizing a play. 

I did tell her it would be better to leave it till we went back to school tomorrow, but then she said something about tomorrow being really busy for her. 

Yeah, seeing as she planned to spend it with me. 

She'd barely left my side, but who am I to complain?

Okay, I wasn't really sure if we were like together, like- couples together, cause well... We haven't exactly made it official, and I know I'm supposed to like, ask? Or... I really don't know since I've never ever asked someone to be mine before.

I should probably send an email to Jen. 

I don't know if I should just go with the- “will you be my girlfriend” line, but- it sounds lame and stupid, and I'm done messing this up. 

I don't even know what I'm doing, honestly, it was safe to say I was scared, scared of my feelings for her, cause as much as I try to picture what my life was without her, I couldn't. 

She'd made sure to wrap up every single bit of herself to my world and honestly, I don't want to ever think of the day something would come up to ruin whatever it is we have now, so... I'm trying everything I can not to mess this up. 

I'd have to probably talk to her about it soon, I need to be sure where we stand cause, I really really like her. Not a single bit of doubt in my heart. 

I looked around the party, people were seriously enjoying themselves, everyone except me... The beer cup was still filled up on my grip. I'd always wondered how it'd feel to get drunk. 

I've seen it in movies though, how they stagger in their steps, reveal all sorts of secrets, throw up inside the toilet, and finally wake with a hangover. I was curious, how could someone just get so intoxicated that they forget how to put one feet in front of the other. How they just lose themselves to their surroundings and act like the next day was no big deal. 

I sighed, about to turn towards the kitchen area when someone rushed by me, hitting my shoulder and causing the drink to spill all over the black polo T-shirt I was wearing. 

She stopped. "I'm so sorry." 

"Avery?" I asked.