Divorce

It's been a week since my break up with Andre . It's been really hard moving on , my family even Becky has been of good help to me as they tried to console me while and relieving me of the pain.

Me and my family were seated in the sitting room having dinner with our individual plates in our hands but Sekani was in the kitchen having his dinner from the pot.

My mom has been awfully quiet and annoyed lately but I'm too troubled to show care and concern.

"Hey skai how are you holding up ?" My dad asked coming to sit at the couch where I sat looking at me with concern.

"I'm fine dad , I'm getting better but it's not easy letting go after 5 years and he just chose that path over me like it..." My dad cut me in by hushing me and pulling me into a warm hug.

"Shhh darling , it's fine we get it, you don't need to revisit that part anymore." I felt his warm and strong biceps while I enjoyed the warmth of a father's hug.

"I think it's high time we had a family meeting, Nelson we have things to tell our kids." My mom said dropping her plate on the table.

My dad now had a serious but ashamed look on his face while withdrawing from our hug back into his seat.

"Can we please do this another time ?" My dad asked in annoyance which I've never seen before.

"No it must be now , I can't keep up with this act anymore, I'm sick of it !" My mom barked at him . What's going on I've never seen my dad and mom quarrel before.

"Okay family meeting then! We have some news!" My dad clenched his fist and sat on the edge of the chair with his clenched fists under his chin.

"Sekani I'm sure you ain't deaf we are about to have a family meeting here , get that damn pot out of your face." My dad told Sekani who immediately dropped the pot in the sink and grabbed a tissue wiping his face.

"Alright I'm here, I'm here what's going on ?!" Sekani said while sitting down with Mom looking annoyed.

"Sekani and Skai your mom and I love you dearly and we've watched you two grow into wonderful kids and I'm proud to have you as my kids."My dad said with pain and somewhat regret in his voice which was unusual.

"Hold up dad, what's going on , okay who's having cancer you or Mom ?" Sekani stood up looking at mom  and my dad waiting for a response.

"Ohh Sekani no one's dying why don't you let us finish before you jump into conclusion uhn ?"my mom chuckled and nudge Sekani with her elbow while he sat back down.

"During the times me and your mom have been together even when a lot of hard storm hit us and we feel worthless and helpless we ..."my dad was getting emotional and he had his hands over his mouth trying to speak but he couldn't so my mom started to speak.

"I think your dad is having a hard time cutting to the chase so I'd save everyone from the suspense..."She paused while Sekani and I looked at each other in confusion.

"Your dad and I are getting a divorce." My mom spat out those words like she's been waiting for so long to do that with the serious look she had.

I was so broken and felt like a knife has passed through me again with the endless shiver going through my spine, I couldn't even muster up any words I just sat there like a child who just shit herself.

"What No! You people can't be serious, a divorce what?! What could really be possible for a divorce ? Last time I checked you two were happily in love looking like you'd have another kid again and all. Mom,Dad tell me you two are joking please !" Sekani cried out loud hoping it was all a prank and I knew that was no prank.

"I'm sorry son but that's the truth. Your dad's cheating scandal is back. You all thought he stopped long ago but he never did in fact he has a whole lot of side chicks he's been banging." My mom said with disgust as she looked at my dad who had his face down.

"Dad is that true ....were you still adulterous even though we thought you stopped ?" I asked like a foolish child who knew what was going on but still asking foolishly.

"Yes skai, it's like I have an addiction or a drive that forces me to do these things I feel lost and disarrayed but when I meet those women I feel in control." He said while trying to hold my hand but I resisted getting up on my feet.

"I just had the craziest breakup ever and I'm still feeling sad and angry thinking my most valued couple would be there to help me get through but you dad just had to be adulterous all over again and mom you just gave up and went ahead to end it, oh God! When did this whole divorce thing happen ?!" I just let the words flow out of my mouth as I expressed how I felt at the moment.

"Gave up ?! I didn't give up skai! I beared all the heartache ,the horror,the pain and the pressure of acting like it's all okay and you were in college not even checking up to know what's going on here . So skai don't judge me. We had the divorce done last 3 weeks when we went out the day Andre visited ."My mom angrily blurted out all the soaked up pain in her mind even though what she said was annoying it was freaking true.

I was enjoying my so called perfect life in college with the fake and stupid boyfriend I once had not even caring to check up on my family. I just felt annoyed and stupid that I couldn't do anything than to run up to my room and cry my eyes out.

°°°°°°°°°°

It's been a week after my parents decided to get divorced, my mom was free to do so because even God said so in the Bible a mate can divorce another only on the basis of adultery.

Even with that I'm still in pan and sorrow seeing my favorite couple break up like that, a marriage of 25 years just ended in a day. Ironic right.

I was in Becky's home. I needed a new face and her silly vibe to help me smile after a long while. I was laying on her bed that was so fluffy and full of Becky's scent.

"Hey dead soul! Here's some cookies and ton of ice cream." Becky can be such an idiot at times but she's being helpful now and I really need some cold and crunchy snack.

"Thanks idiot." I smiled and I got up to devour the snacks while Becky stood in front of the bed giving me a knowing smile revealing her perfectly arranged set of teeth that complemented her dark skin tone and dark curly hair.

"I know you are really upset and sad soooo I'd not say anything but we could eat and dance away our sorrows for the next hours.." She went to her laptop and started playing her songs from her playlist which were obviously my type of song too.

The room was filled with the music and I just couldn't restrain myself from getting up to dance when I heard Drake's song - Toosie slide come up. We love that song and we danced and did the dance moves while we sucked on the spoons dipped in the ice cream cups. Becky is the best friend anyone could ask for.