Reassurance

Drake Johnson's POV

I was seated on my bed looking down at Khalil who had his face glued to his screen.

He had been on the phone for a while now and he was still wearing the clothes from two days ago.

Khalil has always been my drive, it used to be my twin brother Josh and that's why we were close but after his death I gave all my attention to Khalil and we became closer than before.

I really love him and that's why I relate a lot with Skai when it comes to Sekani.

Speaking of Skai, I really miss her. It's been a day and a half and it feels like it's been a century.

I wish I had been nicer, more understanding and less strict with her maybe in a way one or two clicks would have avoided all these crap.

I guess I just let my last action and mistakes get the best of me which blinded me to the gem that was always in my hands - life.

I chose to ignore life as a whole by being strict,mean and bossy. I soaked myself in work all the time and showed little affection to my mom and brother.

I did all of that because I felt if I choose not to be attached or become yoked I'd not be hurt when I lose them but that's just wrong.

Family members are meant to be treated with love because they would always reciprocate the love irrespective of the mistake you might have made and that's what I've failed to realize.

At work, I took out my frustration and loneliness on my workmates because I was angry at life and they were the vulnerable ones who could suck in whatever I throw at them but all of that ended when Skai walked into my office.

She taught me a good life lesson. Life is hard, rocky and complicated but that shouldn't change who you truly are.

I used to be a lovely person filled with so much life and never for one day was I  strict but after the loss of my brother and dad I let what life threw at me change me into a different person.

But all of that would change as from now on , I'm going to be the Drake that made my family anticipate for me to come home, I'm going to be the Drake that made everyone in the room bubble with laughter.

I'm going to be the Drake that'd make my workmates love their jobs and yearn to come to work everyday.

Most importantly I'm going to be the Drake that'd make Skai feel safe and warmly loved because that's how she makes me feel.

She has put on a switch to light up my dark heart even if I had treated her badly when we first met, she still found a way into my cold and icy soul.

At first it was just the looks but when I saw how she treats those around her, her subordinates,her friend even how she loved and cared for Sekani is admirable.

I remember when she rushed me to the hospital the night when I had an attack. She didn't care if we had a fight that night she still carried me in her arms and showed me unconditional love.

She has been through harsh conditions even when she had set backs, she didn't that change who she was because Skai was always with a radiating smile and a cheerful attitude.

It aches my heart to think of what torture or pain she could be going through in the hand of Becky and Andre. I really need to get her back immediately, I can't stand it if anything happens to her.

"Bro." Khalil called me as he gave me a confused look.

"Hmmhmm." I responded as I widened my eyes shaking off the deep thoughts from my mind.