The Deal

"I'd do anything just let me protect you."He sounded so desperate and it was my chance to make things better.

"You'd have to let me teach on how to be a better boss and a better person."I said as I folded my arms above my abdomen.

"What ?!"His clueless face made me chuckle as I walked closer to him. I put my hands on his shoulders and looked at his face.

"You treat your workers like they are not your fellow humans for example look at how you treat me, so I'd teach you how to be nice."I finished my statement with my head tilted with an arch brow waiting for a response.

"I pay their salary every month isn't that nice enough."He said with a scowl.

"It's a job you're expected to pay them. You yourself said it that you have a personality problem so let me do this for you."I stood up and crossed my arms around me.

"How long would this last ?"He said as he stood up from the bed putting his hands in the air.

"Well I've spent 3 months out of the 6 month contract that means we have 3 months, so deal ?"I said with a smirk waiting for a yes because there's no way he's going to say no.

"Deal! but don't expect it to be easy ."He rolled his eyes then he had his hands on his hip.

I laughed and put out my hands for a handshake.

"You look defeated but trust me it's worth it." He shook my hands as I finished my statement.

"Yeah. Since you are feeling much better we could get back to work right ?"He asked with an arched brow as he left my hands.

"Yes and we could get on with the deal."I smiled as he now had a scowl. He isn't loving this but I have to make an impact on him before leaving his company.

##########

We were back in his office and I wish I hadn't agreed to start work soon because the work load was too much and more kept coming.

"Skai bring the files you're done with on your desk ."He ordered me and I was used to it but then I remembered our deal.

I looked at him smiling with my index finger out in the air.
"I think your statement is missing something."I said crossing my arms.

He rolled his eyes and walked over to my desk and grabbed the files.

"Oh how petty"I stood up immediately to get the files out of his hands but he resisted and it turned into a tug of war.

"Why aren't you sticking to the deal, all you had to say was please"I said with difficulty ad he was overpowering me.

"I told you it won't be easy!"He said while giving me a naughty smile then one of the secretary came into the office. She began laughing seeing the situation Drake and I were in.

Drake immediately dropped the files letting me have them and he had a nasty scowl on his face and I knew what was next.

"What do you want !"He asked her with so much anger which made her looks stiffen.

"I - I - I......."She was stuttering because of the harsh tension Drake was putting her through.

"Spit out your words and stop stuttering!"He blurted out at her and she began to shed droplets of tears. I walked towards her and I took her hands in mine.

"Calm down, just take in a deep breath and tell me what you wanted to say."I calmly told her as she took in a deep breath.

"I wanted t-t-to inform you and Mr Jo-Jo-hnson that the board room is ready for the meeting."She said while looking down then she turned around and left the room.

"Really ?!"I turned around to face Drake.

"What ?! She barged in and she began laughing like an hyena."Drake said with so much arrogance.

"So ?! Drake you and I made a deal and I expect you to keep to your end of your deal."I crossed my arms and gave him a sassy look.

He walked closer and stopped right in front of me then he looked deeply into my face like he was looking for something.

"So what now Miss Hart ?"He asked me with a smirk.

"You'd start practicing being nice to your workers and the board meeting is where you could start from." I told him as I looked at him from head to toe while turning around swiftly making my hair lash his face.

We were all seated and ready for the meeting to commence. Drake stood up from his seat and he adjusted his suit.

"So I've looked at the ....."I cut him by coughing letting him know he was missing something and I'm sure he knew what it was.

He rolled his eyes dramatically before he continued.
"Good morning everyone, welcome to the meeting. We'd be analyzing the results that we have from the new strategy Skai suggested."Everyone had their eyes widened probably because they haven't heard their boss greet anyone.

"George give us the report..."I cut his off with my cough and once again he rolled his eyes.

"Mr George could you please give us the reports from the previous weeks."He said with gritted teeth,I was actually enjoying this deal because people were relaxed and it was fun seeing Drake so uncomfortable.

The meeting continued well and I coughed a lot because I corrected Drake throughout the meeting and surprisingly he took the corrections. The meeting was now over and everyone was leaving the meeting.

"Miss Skai thank you ."One of the men who Drake referred to as George said before leaving the room.

"What was that for ?"Drake asked me with an annoyed expression.

"People appreciate the new man you're becoming."I said as I stood up from my seat.

"I'm sure you really love this deal."He said as he walked towards the door.

"Yes and I hope it never ends."I said with a smile as I chuckled.

"And I wish your cough never goes."I could bet he was smiling when he left the door.

Well I think this is a beginning of a new friendship.