Chapter 14

The gambler shifted on his seat nervously. Yibo's mother is home? How come? He doesn't know what to say as they rode the car on their way back. It seems like Yibo didn't even cool down for one bit and his mood became worse. His expression was dark with his brows furrowed.

Xiao Zhan wanted to ask about the file that he saw but at the same time his gut was telling him that it wasn't a good idea either. He sat quietly and didn't bother to say anything anymore. If Yibo didn't tell him, then he must be hiding it from him. But why can he access the monitor? The gambler had a lot of questions in his mind that no one can answer except the agent.

When they arrived, they made their way at the grand living room and there was a woman around her late forties, sitting luxuriously on the couch with servants serving her. The agent steps forward and said, "Greetings to mother, we have returned." The woman takes off her reading glasses and sets it down at the low glass table with her book. She raised her right hand, halting the servants from their actions as she stood up. She gave of the aura of being domineering and she looks like someone you can't mess with. The gambler internally cried and prayed for his soul to be intact.

"Yibo," she said with her voice echoing in the quiet living room. Xiao Zhan felt a chill, her voice was as clear as a crystal water and at the same time very cold. Like mother like son? And yet, at least the gambler could joke around with the agent but the woman is on another level.

She gave Xiao Zhan a glance and paused on her steps with her long pearl white dress subtly stopped from swaying. The gambler gaves a shaky smile and stepped forward to introduce himself, "Good evening to Mother-in-law. I'm glad you arrived safely." Xiao Zhan bows slightly and the woman just looked at him. The latter's heart thumped and his palms began to sweat. Why isn't she saying anything? She's totally like her own son!

Xiao Zhan looked down and gulped his saliva nervously. Was it too soon to introduce himself as the husband of Yibo? Did he literally mess up just now? His thoughts scattered chaotically as he tried to calm himself. He takes a glance at his husband who had a tired look on his face and the gambler was so sure he was done for.

"Oh dear! What a charming looking boy!" Without warning, the gambler who was currently panicking, felt a tight embrace wrapping around him. "Ma'am?"

"Call me, mom. Good thing I left my husband in the states just to meet you," she lets go from the hug and beamed happily at Xiao Zhan. She checks out his features from top to bottom. Wang Yibo didn't say anything from the side and Xiao Zhan was beyond surprised.

Eventually, they all sat down in the living room discussing family matters and Xiao Zhan made up some white lies how he and Yibo met. Mrs. Wang is actually an easy person to talk to, Xiao Zhan even finds her very talkative unlike a certain someone. He takes back his words and thought that her attitude was not like Yibo at all. "I'm glad he finally got someone," she said as she takes a sip from her tea. "Tell me, when are you adopting?"

Xiao Zhan slightly choked on the cake he was eating as he heard those words. Wang Yibo was calm as ever and replied, "That's not important at the moment, we are both busy with work, too."

"Right," Xiao Zhan added, "It's dangerous for a child to be involved especially on risky missions." Yibo's mother smiled and said, "Well, I was pregnant with Yibo on a mission and I almost got shot." The gambler nervously gulped and thought, this woman is indestructable.

The three of them continued to talk for another hour and since it was getting quite late, they have to rest and excuse themselves. The gambler learned that Yibo's whole family are agents and what shocked him more was that her mother was a former assassin that Yibo's father faught with. Since she was a skillful woman, she was then recruited as an agent in the States. No wonder the Wangs were rich to begin with.