18. HIS PORTRAIT

[WANG YIBO'S P.O.V]

The thought of someone who wanted to hurt Zhan-ge makes my heart boil with anger

The thought of someone who wanted to hurt Zhan-ge makes my heart boil with anger. Who wants to hurt that innocent, pure and lovely person? I won't allow that thing to happen once again. For now, I'm heading back to the Library Pavilion to inform Wei Ying that we are going back to University because his punishment is already lifted.

Peeking inside the room silently, Wei Ying is already sleeping peacefully with a black bunny snuggling beside him. Carefully, I sit in front of him to study his sleeping form. Ah, he's still in the first page reading our family's rule but he already fell asleep. Wei Ying is bad at studying for sure. Mesmerized by his angelic beauty, he is indeed an angel.

 Mesmerized by his angelic beauty, he is indeed an angel

[CTO]

Noticing the drawing beside the table he's slightly leaning in, I carefully took it and examined the portrait. Oh, he had an excellent drawing skills. Wait, is this me? I'm sure that the portrait resembles my features but the difference is he's wearing traditional clothing with long hair and forehead ribbon? My eyes landed at the words he wrote at the bottom page of the paper.

'Lan Zhan, I love you!'

I felt a pang in my heart and the impact is hurting me. I forgot, he is in love with my ancestor and I am just his reincarnation. That fucking truth slapped me in the face rather harder than I expect it to be. He only sees me as Lan Zhan and not who I am right know. Those hot kisses as well as those warm embraces are not for me and that's the painful truth. I wish he is me so I can selfishly claim this 'I love you'. I laid back the paper where he was and the sudden movement woke him up.

"Lan Zhan? How long have you'd been there? I'll just take a short app. I will continue reading ..."

Looking through me, I instantly knew that he can feel the madness seeping through me.

" What happened?"

He's looking straight into my eyes and I can't hide it.