Part title

"Hi welcome to Chick-Fil-A, my name is Arielle. How can I help you?"

"Can I get a twelve count nugget meal with Chick-Fil-A sauce and Hi-C for the drink?"

"Absolutely! That'll be $8.74. You can pay here and your order will be ready when you pull around to the window. Can I get a name for your order?"

"Nia."

I thanked Nia, staring into her gorgeous brown eyes and wished her a great day. She smiled as she pulled off, after thanking me. "My pleasure," I replied. Damn, she's fine, I thought as the next car pulled up to order. "Welcome to Chick-Fil-A, how can I serve you today?"

My name is Arielle Grant. I'm 5'8" 230 lbs. Thick in every place you can think of. My love handles are to die for and my FUPA is the most kissable part of my body. I'm nineteen years old and a freshman at Tulsa Community College majoring in pre-Nursing. My parents pay my tuition, but I work at Chick-Fil-A part time for extra spending money. They gave me the option to go to community college for my first two years and they'd get me a car or go to a four year immediately with no car. I took the obvious choice. Living at home is nice. I still get home cooked meals, I can do my laundry for free, and best of all, no bills.

My mom is a Pediatrician and my dad is a city councilman. I have three siblings. My sister Bre is twenty-two and my little brother Kendall is five. We also have an adopted brother who we got when he was three years old. He's currently eight. His name is Jacob.

Anyway...I have about thirty minutes left on my shift and then I have less than an hour to go home and change out of my work clothes to get ready for my night class. I took a few more orders out in the drive thru line and headed inside to prepare to clock out. Every few minutes, Nia's face flashed in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was gorgeous and I wanted her. She had a sweet angelic voice and perfect dimples, which I noticed when she smiled at me. "Thank you, have a good day, Arielle!" Even the way she said my name made me smile.

I shook my head and snapped out of my thoughts. I'd probably never see her again unfortunately. I pulled up to my house and noticed a car parked out front, as I turned into the back alley. I pulled into the garage and headed inside. I could hear my mom talking to someone.

Me: Hey ma!
Mama: Hey, baby!

As I turned around the corner, I noticed the girl from the drive thru sitting at the bar in our kitchen. What the fuck?

Nia: Hi...
Mama: Arielle, this is Nia. Remember I told you, your daddy and I were gonna get a babysitter for the boys?
Me: Oh yeah...
Mama: This is my PA's daughter. She's a student a TU and she wanted to make some extra money and get some experience working with young kids, but her schedule doesn't permit her to get a real job at a daycare. She's studying Elementary Education.
Me: That's dope!
Mama: She's gonna watch they boys the nights you have class or need to work, so your dad and I can have some date nights and go to his city events.
Me: Oh cool.

Nia smiled at me and I returned a smile. She was cute as fuck. Brown skinned with a short curly ginger pixie cut. She wore cut up skinny jeans, white chucks, and a white PINK off the shoulder sweatshirt with red letters.

My mom's phone started to vibrate on the kitchen counter. "This is your dad. I'll be right back. Hey honey!" She answered the phone, as she walked out of the kitchen.

Nia: So you in college or what? You seem about my age.
Me: Uhh, yeah. Pre-Nursing at TCC. I plan to go to Texas Women's University afterwards. I want to be in the medical field, but I have no desire to go to school for as long as my mom did.
Nia: Oh cool!
Me: It's a small world!
Nia: Yeah it is...
Me: So you like working with kids, huh?
Nia: I looove kids. I've been babysitting off and on since I was in high school.
Mama: Alright! I'm back!
Me: I gotta get ready for class.
Mama: We were just about done anyway. She just came by for a quick chat and to meet the boys.

Jacob ran into the kitchen begging for a snack. "Hi sissy!" He ran up to give me a hug. I kissed him on the forehead and he darted off immediately towards the pantry full of snacks. "It's almost dinner time, baby. So just a small snack okay? Get your brother one." "Yes ma'am," he replied in his adorable little high pitched voice.

Mama: Baby, will you see Nia out while I help this boy?
Me: Sure, ma.

Nia grabbed her purse off the bar and headed towards the front door and I followed her. It was hard not to be mesmerized by her.

Nia: It was nice to formerly meet you.
Me: Yeah...I guess I'll be seeing you around here sometimes.
Nia: For sure...
Me: Well uhh...have a good one.
Nia: You too...bye!

I closed the door and leaned against it. "Shit!"

I rushed up to my bedroom and grabbed a pair of jeans and t-shirt out my drawer. I looked in my closet and grabbed my purple Air Max 270s and grabbed my notebook and iPad off my desk and stuffed them in my backpack and headed out the door.

My head was in the clouds during my entire Psychology lecture.

*incoming iMessage* Hey, it's Nia! Your mom told me to text you so you'd have my number for the boys...just in case.

Me: Hey...I got you.
Nia: You in class?

She just started asking small talk like we were buddy buddy, but I wasn't trippin' cuz it gave me the opportunity to talk to her. Ya know...get to know her.

Me: Yeah wassup?
Nia: Nothing...I'm bored as hell.
Me: What are you doing?
Nia: Was tryna find something to watch on Netflix, but nothing's piqued my interest.
Me: What do you like to watch?
Nia: Action, violence, explosions.
Me: You don't strike me as the type to be interested in that stuff.
Nia: What do you think I'd like?
Me: Rom Coms. 😂
Nia: If I'm watching with my boo, yes.
Me: Call em up then.
Nia: Girl, I'm single as fuck.
Nia: What are you doing after class?
Me: Idk. I'm hungry as hell. Craving some wings.
Nia: That sounds good.
Me: You inviting yourself?
Nia: If you'll have me...
Me: I get outta class at 7:50. Wanna meet me at Wingz & Thingz?
Nia: I've never eaten there. That's on 183rd, right?
Me: Yeah.
Nia: I'll see you there. 😬

Life comes at you fast. I couldn't tell if she was flirting, but I was all in. She's gorgeous and straightforward. If there was something developing here, I didn't see it in the developing stage for long. She seems likes the type of girl to go after what she wants. Hopefully that's me.

*45 mins later*
Me: I'm pulling up.
Nia: Me too. I'm in the same White Kia Optima from earlier.

I looked around the parking lot for her car. I peeped her walking towards my car as I was getting out. "Hey! I saw you pulling in."

Me: Hey!
Nia: So what kinda wings do you normally get here?
Me: I love the Jamaican Jerk, lemon pepper, spicy BBQ.
Nia: So you like them all is what you're saying.
Me: I mean...you really can't go wrong.
Nia: Alright, ima take your word.
Me: I wouldn't steer you wrong.

She smiled at me and she was rocking a cute little gold bottom grill. A little ratchet. I love it. We ordered our wings and got our drinks and went and found a table.

Nia: Hey...I hope I didn't come on too strong. I'm an extrovert. I make friends hella easy and you seemed cool. Plus, I'm watching your little brothers, so I figured we could be friends.
Me: I'm the same way.
Nia: Good!
Me: Soo...what do you like to do?
Nia: I'm a chill kinda girl. Any atmosphere where I can just kick it, talk, hang out. That's my scene. I'm not much of a party goer. No interest in Greek life really. Although my mom is an AKA and wants me to pledge so bad...I'm kinda boring actually.
Me: Well if that's boring then so am I. I'm more of a low lights, listen to music, watch movies type of girl.
Nia: It's all about the vibe, you know. 
Me: Exactly.
Nia: So you live at home, huh?
Me: Yeah...my daddy gave me the option to live at home for two years and go to community college and get a brand new car or go to a four year off top. I wasn't about to be bumming no rides. It's super chill. They treat me like an adult and let me have my freedom as long as I respect their home. It works for us.
Nia: That's dope! I'm in the dorms on campus. It's whack! But I do enjoy my freedom and having my own space. I'm ready to get an apartment.

Me and Nia just sat and talked for what feel like hours. About our parents. About the boys, our goals, crazy college stories. It was nice and I was really feeling her. I was trying to feel her out and see what she was into, but I couldn't figure it out just yet. So in the meantime, I was just enjoying the developing friendship.