Nia

*incoming iMessage*

Gavin: Hey sexy, what you up to?
Me: Studying. Wassup with you?
Gavin: I'm about to get off work. I was thinking about hitting up the movies...
Me: Are you asking?
Gavin: Duh!
Me: I have to babysit my mom's friend's kids tonight. What time are you going?
Gavin: Idk. I can wait for you.
Gavin: I wanna see you.
Me: You just tryna fuck.
Gavin: If that was the case, I'd say that.
Me: Uh huh...
Me: I'll let you know when I'm free and see if it's too late.
Gavin: Okay.

I finished up the last chapter of my "Diversity in Education" reading and went to grab a snack from the kitchen and headed to the Grant's house.

This is my third time babysitting the boys. They're super sweet and hella active. We have NERF gun fights, Star Wars lightsaber battles, play Fortnite, and watch movies. They're always worn out by the end of the night. Usually I have them for about two hours before it's their bedtime and then I just hang out in the living room and watch TV until their parents return. It's super easy money and the family pays wells.

*three hours later*

I heard the garage door open and a set of keys hit the counter. I assumed Mr. & Mrs. Grant's date night had ended early but when I looked up, it was Arielle. She tossed her backpack on the floor next to the kitchen table and went to grab a water bottle from the fridge and then plopped down on the couch next to me.

Arielle: Oh hey! I forgot you were gonna be here! The boys sleep?
Me: Yeah, your mama told me to have them in bed by 8:30.
Arielle: What you finna get into?
Me: I don't know. My lil fling wants to go to the movies, but I'm not really in the mood for all that. I kinda just wanna chill.
Arielle: I'm uhh...I'm about to go out on the roof and smoke. If you wanna join.
Me: The doctor's kid be smoking weed?
Arielle: You don't strike me as the innocent type.
Me: I'm sho'll not! Let's go!
Arielle: Let me change outta these work clothes right quick.

Arielle and I hadn't hung out since the night we grabbed wings, but we texted pretty frequently. And she was cool. We clicked pretty quickly and we had a lot in common.

She went in the kitchen and grabbed some snacks and red solo cups and filled them with ice and I followed her upstairs to her bedroom. Her room was nice. Roomy as fuck with a queen sized bed, a comfortable looking futon, 50" mounted flat screen TV, an expensive desk with a MacBook Pro sat in the corner. She had photos hung all over the wall above her bed shaped into hearts. There was a poster of a WNBA player, Ty Young, hanging above her desk. She was gorgeous. I remember her from Love and Hip Hop: ATL but I didn't know anything about her.

"You watch a lot of women's basketball games? I see you're a fan of Ty." She looked back at me smiling. "Yeah, I played in high school. That's my baby" she said. Is she gay? "Oh cool! I only know her from TV."

She turned off the overhead light and flipped a switch on a power strip and the string lights that hung around the walls illuminated the room. "Have a seat anywhere. I need to take a quick shower. I smell like fast food and sweat and I hate it. It'll take me like ten minutes." I sat down on the futon and scrolled through Instagram. " Okay!"

Arielle: Will you hit the power button on that Bluetooth speaker right there by you?

I hit the button and she started playing some music. The "Savage" remix by Megan Thee Stallion and Beyoncé came on, while she dug in her drawer grabbing some clothes. I rapped to myself as she retreated off to the bathroom. When she returned, she was wearing some Nike soccer shorts and a Razorback tank top.

Arielle: You ready?
Me: Yeah...whenever you are.

She opened the door of her closet and walked inside and returned with a small wooden box and a tall glass bottle with an orange-ish red drink.