Chapter Ten: Wo Sen

“OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!” Amanda screamed, before fainting.
2 hours later I managed to wake her.

“Amanda are you ok?”
“Yes Maisy, I’m thrilled my sister’s going to be kidnapped!” Amanda replied sarcastically.
“Am I ok?” She muttered sceptically.
“I know that’s sarcasm,” I continued “I meant, did you hurt yourself at all when you fell?”
“I fell on Annabelle’s bed, why would I have hurt myself?” Amanda said still half dazed.
“Actually, I put you on the bed,” I added “with great difficulty, if I may say so.”
“You may not.” Amanda murmured rubbing at her eyes within her daze. “And did you really catch me?”
“Well yes, sort of,” I continued carefully “But we really need to go.”
“Why?”
“It’s 11:30.”
“So?” Amanda asked “Why do I care?”
“Fu’ermost!” I shouted.

“NO!” Amanda cried. I believe she wanted to curl up into a ball and cry, but obviously if she did that, she wouldn’t be a very good Sherlock. Though I don’t see how hiding from a mystery helps either.

***

“Fine. Bye Wo Sen, see you in the morning, unless you’ve changed your mind.” I teased.
“What are you implying?!”
“Oh, buck up Amanda!” I yelled “Would Sherlock Holmes back down this easily?”
“Yes...” Amanda said stubbornly.
“Wrong!” I argued “I’ll go and capture this potential kidnapper then, all without my dear Watson.” I added taking the last resort I had.

“Stop it! Let’s go, okay so the first step is to –“
“Hey!”
“What now?” Amanda sighed.
“Stop taking charge!” I mumbled.
Amanda sighed.
“Just a thought, but, should we tell your parents?”
“ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Amanda shrieked. “Mum gets really ill when she is worried – and
besides, they wouldn’t let us solve it ourselves then.”
“Fu’ermost, it’s good to have you back.”

***

“Come on!” Amanda cried impatiently “Its midnight!”
I sat down heavily on the bed wishing I knew what was going to happen, hoping that Annabelle going to the theatre saved her. Begging everyone in the world that we would see her again.

I pondered our situation, and then the little bulb on top of my head shone as brightly as was possible when you are half asleep.
“Wait,” I whispered, realization dawning on me.
“For what?”
“It’s Annabelle’s room! Not ours!” I whispered “Its girls with an apostrophe before, not after, the s! We were in the right place after all!”
“Clever Wo Sen!” Amanda said, scaling the corridor and racing back to Annabelle’s room.

***

“We’ve been here for ages!” I wailed hopelessly.
“Actually only 10 minutes!” Amanda replied.
“Same thing!” I argued “it’s 5 past midnight.”
“What if it’s a set up?” Amanda paused “Or maybe –“
“They knew Annabelle was going to the theatre!”
“Oh dear!” Amanda sighed.
“What?”
“I don’t like this mystery!” Amanda moaned.
“Why?”

“Because, you keep finding the answers before me!” She sobbed.
“Oh,” I hid a smile, “but it just happens to be Chinese things.”
“It’s not fair!” She howled.
“Calm down, I’m still Wo Sen.” I said reluctantly, against my will.
“I don’t know, maybe you are –“

BANG