Chapter 6: Lose Control

A/N: Hey, everyone! Happy V-Day :D Hope you enjoy chapter six, a long chapter full of plot advances and possible foreshadowing :) Get pumped because chapter 6 is now here! Thanks for being patient, and hope you enjoy ;)

Chapter 6: Lose Control

   "Henri Sinclair," the master vampire of Chicago called, a small smile on his bloodless lips. "I didn't expect to find you in my territory."

   Henri stood rigid beside me, his hands clenched into fists. He must've still been mad at Jeremy. Why, only God knows...

   I promptly bit my lip as Blake Johnson continued to gaze down at us as if we were merely pesky insects below him. "A vampire of your age and status should know that trespassing in another's territory is prone to execution."

   "I'm aware, but it was urgent and last minute," my sire explained slowly, his movements careful and calculating as he neared the other vampire alone. I didn't try to follow; instead, I focused on Jeremy.

   Jeremy Stone...

   I felt like saying something along the lines of "I knew your Mom", but immediately shot it down. It would sound beyond creepy, that's for sure.

   Jeremy was silently observing the two old vamps with slight fascination in his dark eyes, and I repressed an eye roll.

   "How... How did you find me, Henri?" Jeremy demanded softly, hard eyes turning anxious and... I guess, fearful. "I escaped your presence for years and years, and you turn up now? I haven't seen you since you... " he trailed off, breaking his speech as Blake Johnson set his black pits of eyes on the younger vampire. "Jeremy," he called. "I also didn't expect you to turn up here. I wasn't aware you were still here in Chicago."

   "Master-" He grunted hastily, but the master vampire snorted. "I'm not your master, boy. Henri Sinclair is." He turned his eyes on me. "Looks like you and this newborn have more in common than you think." Blake Johnson moved toward his limo with languid grace, purpose, and catlike steps. Jeremy and I remained silent, but Henri wasn't about to end the conversation there: "What if we made a deal?"

   Blake stopped in his tracks, and laughed sinisterly before turning once again. "I don't bargain with trespassers."

   "Do you bargain with possible allies?"

   The space suddenly buzzed with palpable electricity - power - and I swallowed tightly as the master vamp grew surprised, the suspicious. "Allies?" he repeated dubiously. "Under what circumstances could we ever possibly be allies, Henri Sinclair?"

   The master's voice had been switching between a faint British accent, and an American one. Right then, it grew thicker, and it no longer resembled Old English.

   Henri gave a low chuckle before answering rather smugly. "My master, Robert Drake, the leader of the Manhattan clan, has commanded that I be executed."

   "And?" The unspoken 'Why should I care?' was hard to ignore.

   "And I know that you have a certain grudge with Robert Drake," Henri pressed with a smirk. "Ally your clan with me and my trusted followers, and we can dethrone that tyrant."

   The master vampire of Chicago laughed suddenly, eyes wide with sick humor. "Betraying your own clan now? No wonder you were condemned to die."

   "That's not it, Blake, and you know it."

   Blake snorted. "So, you're asking me for help, is that it?" His eyes slid to me. "As for you and your newborn... you fled New York to come to me specifically to turn your back on your clan?" He shook his head. "That's suicide, Henri, even for a vampire."