Chapter 10: Brother Dearest

A/N: Hey, everybody! Ready for chapter 10? :D Long chapter comin' at ya! ^__^ Enjoy!

Chapter 10: Brother Dearest

   Gabriel.

   I had a brother. One who'd goaded me in Chicago to drain those two... no, that was my fault... wasn't it? Gabriel had simply provided me with victims, and that was evil in itself.

   I didn't know whether to scream or cry. I felt unease grip my entire being as I stared at Gabriel, eyes wide as far as they went. "How-Why didn't you say anything back in Chicago?" I finally managed, sounding somewhat pissed, when really I was overwhelmed.

   Gabriel laughed lightly just as Robert put a hand on his son's shoulder, a sign of... pride? The cold bastard was proud?

   "At first, I thought you were just a nomad passing through the city, or even a possible refugee," Gabriel told me, his youthful face casting shadows. He didn't smile at me, and his features were strikingly honest. "I'd never met you in person until that night at The Fang. As soon as Henri Sinclair came, however, I knew everything." He chuckled deeply, sending shivers down my spine.

   Legitimate answer.

   I'd been a human, my lungs would've been struggling for air. I'd be hyperventilating there in that damn cage. Trapped like a bird, I lie in a cage of my own kryptonite.

   "Did your Daddy tell you to hand me those two girls, so I could kill them?" I hissed through clenched teeth. The shock of the situation had finally faded to a significant amount of rage.

   Robert looked my way with mild interest, and Gabriel seemed less than surprised. Their smug expressions only angered me more. I couldn't go anywhere.

   Stupid ass bars.

   Stupid ass cage.

   Stupid ass Toni!

   Ugh, at least I was sheltered from my uncle and his spitting image of a son. Except for the height difference, I could see the strong similarities between Father and son; both shared the same dark hair. Gabriel's seemed lighter, but that's besides the point. My half-brother's eyes pinned me to the spot, black pits of nothingness; a black hole.

   "You did the killing on your own, sister. It's bad luck to stop a newborn from feeding, especially when it's their first kill."

   "That wasn't my first kill," I protested.

   Gabriel only chuckled. "Your first human kill, then. Besides, I think you enjoyed yourself back in Chicago."

   I snorted in response to that. "Why the Hell can't I remember you from the past? My Mother must've been desperate to get rid of you, or she would've kept you around." Gabriel's eyes flashed dangerously, but I continued on. "It's because you reminded her of my uncle, isn't it? That must suck."

   "Quit while you're ahead, Antoinette," Gabriel bit out, taking a calculated step toward the cage, my only barrier at the moment. "Don't piss me off."

   "Or what?" I taunted. "What are you going to do? Force me to drain more humans?" I crossed my arms over my chest boldly. "You know, you'd think I'd remember a maniac dick who enjoys farming compelled humans for the enjoyment and entertainment of other vampires. Mind's drawing a blank, I guess."

   Gabriel's eyes narrowed, and he barred his fangs at me. Ooh. Hit a nerve.

   "Toni, I think you should s-stop... " Kira managed, eyes mere slits as she glanced up at me. She was awake. "Don't... provoke... them."