Chapter 17: Betrayal

A/N: HIIIIIII! :D Chapter 17 is FINALLY HERE! Woo ^__^ My first year of college is complete with A's and B's :D (Aww yeah!) Anyway...It's been a month and writer's block was plaguing me, but I'm back now for the summer. Remember to read the bottom A/N for more about updates, and I hope you enjoy ;) Feels a little short to me, but I hope it's enough for the time being <3

Chapter 17: Betrayal

    "Ms. Drake."

    That was all I heard beneath the pain that I experienced as I came to consciousness. That smug voice sent liquid fire through my undead veins, and I let out an animalistic sound. I guess you could call it a growl.

    At first, my senses felt scrambled, and I knew it was why I was so damn confused. All I really knew was that I was in trouble. With the Agency?

    Who'd have thought?

    Focusing was extremely difficult, but when I managed, I realized that blood was present. Mine? No, but it didn't belong to the bastard standing before me, either.

    Ryan Church.

    Shit.

    "Ms. Drake, can you hear me? Do you know where you are?" he asked me in a calm manner. My vision sharpened on the bloody rag in his hand, the source of the pungent aroma. I swallowed hard as my stomach shifted uncomfortably. I needed blood... but I couldn't... reach it...

    Reality finally set in, and I noticed that my wrists were bound together by glinting silver.

    Goddammit!

    I heard the Order member chuckle, and quickly returned my attention to him. "What-what d-do you want?"

    Instead of answering me, Ryan kneeled down, drawing the rag closer to my face. I could taste the blood from here... Shit, what had happened?! Why had the hunters targeted me?

    Time for answers.  

    "I was hoping that the aspen would wear off sooner, but you're still young. Still, I'm glad you're finally awake, Antoinette. Now, we can have our chat." That doesn't sound good...

    "What... the... Hell... " I panted, feeling my fangs came down as rust filled the air. "P-please-"

    "Please?" the human echoed, seeming surprised. "You're begging? Begging for what?"

    "A-answers," I managed, momentarily hanging my head. The strain on my arms and shoulders due to the shackles was overwhelming, even for a vampire. I bit my lip, gasping slightly when my fangs slid into the flesh, drawing blood.

    "Why-why am I here?" I let out a strained yelp as Ryan dropped the bloodstained cloth at my feet as he stood. Suddenly, the door behind him opened, shedding light on what little surroundings I had.

    Wait...

   I was in Henri's cell - the one he'd occupied while at the Agency. What were the odds? Ironic, or what?

    My shock for the cell left as soon as I focused on the figure that stood against the pillar of light.

    Ethan.

    He didn't say a word, and Ryan barely acknowledged him. "Mr. Frazer," he greeted shortly. "Our convict doesn't seem to recall her crimes." Crimes?!

    I flinched openly when Ethan came closer; close enough so that I could smell him. He wasn't bleeding or anything, but my memory of feeding on him seemed stuck on my senses. A fluttering pulse, not from fear, was what I refused to focus on for very long. Glaring at the hunters, I swallowed. "Crimes? What exactly did I d-do?"