𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟔

❝𝑰𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌.❞  -- 𝑶𝒃𝒊 𝑾𝒂𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒊

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid slunk towards the headquarters, keeping to the shadows at the edges of the camp where the dark forest met the fringes of the camp. Her feet crunched quietly on the snow, and her breath fogged in front of her in a white plume. 

Astrid patted her hip reassuringly, relief coursing through her at the familiar feel of her lightsaber hanging there, clipped to her belt, hidden beneath her cloak. Snow flurried in the air, catching in Astrid's dark hair like delicate, white flowers. 

Normally, Astrid would've been cold, considering it was snowing and the temperature was dropping further as the night progressed, but the adrenaline coursing through her veins kept her warm. Her heart was a steady beat in her ears. 

As she neared the headquarters where Pre Vizsla resided, Astrid forced the tension out of her body. Her stride began purposeful, and her steps confident as she neared the two Mandalorians-- one browned haired, the other blonde-headed-- standing guard by the headquarter's entrance. 

The two Mandalorians, both with their helmets tucked underneath their arms, gave Astrid confused looks as she approached them with a swagger. 

"Pre Vizsla wants to see me," Astrid told them smoothly without breaking her stride. 

She'd just put her hand on the doorknob when she felt rough hands grabbing her arms before pulling her away from the door. The two Mandalorians moved in front of the door as the brown headed guard stated, "Pre Vizsla didn't inform us he would have any visitors tonight." 

Astrid crossed her arms and scrunched up her nose as she countered, "Do you know who I am?" 

The two men eyed her with a mixture of confusion and wariness. Finally, the blonde headed one replied suspiciously, "No, I don't believe we do. I don't recognize your face." 

Astrid tapped her foot impatiently on the ground as she told them, "You wouldn't know or recognize me. I'm the newbie. Pre Vizsla wanted to explain to me how things work around here." She paused before adding questioningly, "Now, do you want to be the ones who upset Pre Vizsla by not letting me through?" 

The two exchanged looks. They seemed to have come to a mutual agreement because they moved aside from the door in tandem. The brown headed one indicated to the door and said, "You're free to enter." 

Astrid dipped her head graciously at the two before she swung open the door and stalked inside.  The fireplace on the left side of the room was filled with the twinkling embers of a long extinguished fire, and the seat that sat in the back of the long entryway was empty. Astrid thought the seat resembled a throne, which sent withering dislike through her at Pre Vizsla's boldness to oppose Duchess Satine on Mandalore.

Astrid quietly slipped out of the entryway and into the hallway on the right side of the room. The hallway was filled with shadows as Astrid slunk forward on light feet. She gripped her lightsaber as she neared the door at the end of the hallway. 

It was cracked open. 

Astrid touched it lightly with a hand before pushing it open delicately. The door hinges let out a low whine as it creaked open, and Astrid stepped into the room. Laying asleep in the bed on the far side of the room was Pre Vizsla. 

He looked strange to Astrid without his Mandalorian armor. Instead, from what Astrid could see peeking out from underneath the bed covers, Pre Vizsla wore a tight fitting black shirt. She supposed it was good he wasn't wearing his armor since it came with all sort of offensive and defensive additions.