𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟕

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏—𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆—𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆."

―𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"Senator Organa!" Emperor Palpatine greeted from where he stood beside Queen Breha and Mas Amedda in front of her throne. 

He gave a superficial smile that sent a cold shiver like ice down Astrid's spine. His ghoulish face did little to hide the glimmer of malice glittering in his eyes.  Palpatine had changed significantly since Astrid had seen him last. He looked absolutely horrid. His skin was bone white and paper thin, and deep wrinkles carved lines into his face that gave him the appearance of a ghoul. 

But what startled Astrid even more was the vibrant yellow of his eyes, a Sith Lord's eyes. In true Sith form, Palpatine was dressed in all black, similarly to the tall, masked figure standing before him. Astrid couldn't help but wonder if the other figure-- a man by the looks of it-- was a Sith, too. 

Astrid didn't realize she'd been standing rigidly in place, frozen with shock, before Bail gave her a discreet nudge on her backside. Astrid started forward as she trailed behind Bail, allowing him to take the lead. 

They came to a stop before the quartet, and Palpatine waved a hand towards the masked man beside him as he introduced, "Meet my new Supreme Commander of my Imperial Forces, Darth Vader." 

Astrid eyed Vader warily, knowing by his name, if not by his black, malicious presence within the Force, that he was a Sith. Her suspicions were confirmed when she spotted the lightsaber clipped at Vader's waist. 

Bail smiled and replied, "A pleasure to see you both here on Alderaan. I hope your stay has been pleasant thus far." 

Astrid ducked her head as Palpatine looked her way, fearful that he would recognize her face. But his yellow eyes passed over her as if she was nothing but an insignificant bug. 

Astrid clenched her hands into fists in an attempt to rein in her temper as she stared at Palpatine out of the corner of her eye. With Palpatine so close to her, Astrid was struck by the sudden desire-- and need-- to avenge Anakin and Master Secura's deaths. She would start by killing Palpatine. 

Astrid's hand itched to reach for her lightsabers, but she held herself back as she remembered Vader, who she sensed was staring at her with a mixture of curiosity and confusion even though she couldn't see his face. 

Astrid quickly looked down at the ground in an attempt to play the role of an insignificant, docile  advisor. She wrung her hands in front of her. 

Palpatine spoke, "If we may speak in private, Senator Organa and Queen Behra? We have much to discuss regarding our new Empire. I have plans I would like to put into place immediately, starting with a new army." 

"Of course, your Excellency," Queen Behra replied with a gracious dip of her head.  

Palpatine smiled slowly before he turned and began walking towards what Astrid supposed was the meeting chambers to the left of the throne room. Senator Mas Ammeda and Queen Behra followed after Palpatine, but before Bail could join them, he quickly drew Astrid aside and whispered hurriedly, "Watch the Supreme Commander, Darth Vader, will you? I hear he was a former Jedi in the Order."