15°

3rd PERSON POV

"Timi! You just left and didn't bother to tell me first. I'm so upset" She pouted.

"Mide I'm really sorry. How can I make it up to you?" He asked her and she beamed. "Let me ruffle your hair".
Timi smiled at her. "Your wish is my command your majesty"

She dug her hands into his hair tugging at them lightly as he sat down on a bar stool. At the receiving end of all the torture.

He observed a family as they walked him. He couldn't look away even when they got seated. He didn't see their faces clearly but he kept staring. As soon as they sat in the direction of light, He sighted Adaku typing away on her phone and seated beside her was Uzo looking around.

He took in her features. She was draped in a beautiful blue evening dress and her hair was styled into a neat bun. He couldn't look away. Her looks were mesmerizing and he tried his best to control himself. All he wanted to do was to run to her and gather her into his arms sniffing her hair. Why is she here though. He thought.

Still staring intently at her, her dark orbs met his brown ones and at that moment, he could see something flash through her eyes. Pain? Regret? Jealousy? He couldn't quite place his hand on it but what he knew for sure was that she was not comfortable with him staring.

Ayomide turned back as she traced his eyes to Uzo. She rolled her eyes and spoke up. "Why are you staring?"
"Nothing. I'm just surprised she's here"

"You know her?"

"Yeah. She attends my school"

Ayomide nodded. "Her dad is a friend to my dad and he's also your dad's business partner"

I see!

"Timi!" He turned and his father beckoned him to come over. He was introduced to the Edogo's formally even though he had already met two of the family members. Timi was also asked to make them feel comfortable.

"What would you like to have?" He asked no one in particular.

Adaku looked up from her phone. "You don't have to bother yourself the waiter will come and take our orders. You can carry on with whatever you have to do"

Timi nodded and walked back to where Ayomide was seated.

Adaku faced Uzo. "I know I told you earlier to forget about him tonight but I know that's barely possible now because you get to see him. Just enjoy yourself to the fullest okay?"

Uzo nodded and Adaku grinned. "Now that's my baby sis"

Uzo snickered "Baby sis? Really?"

"Well aren't you?" Adaku giggled and Uzo pouted.

The party was in full swing and the couple had already cut the cake. It was time for dancing and soft music could be heard everywhere. Couples were dancing and that included mama and papa.

"Hey, wanna dance?"

Uzo turned to be met with a young lad  stretching forth his right hand. She faced Adaku and she nodded with a smile. Uzo took the strange lad's hand and he led her to the dancefloor. He looked really familiar but she couldn't remember where she had seen him.

"I'm Desmond. Desmond Ukeme"

Uzo smiled. "Uzoamaka Edogo. Everyone calls me Uzo"

"Interesting. I think I'll call you Amaka instead. Is that okay by you?"

"Sure. How are you related to the Adenuga's"

"Mr Adenuga is friends with my dad. You?"

"He's business partner's with my dad"