16°

3rd PERSON POV

The Edogo's were having breakfast and everyone was silent. Papa taught them to always keep table manners while eating so it was no surprise that the table was quiet. But there was something about the silence that ensued.

"Papa is anything the matter?" Adaku asked and Uzo nodded at their father.

He sighed. "Yes my dear. We lost your uncle Buchi last night and we will be leaving for his burial tomorrow and it will take some days"

Adaku and Uzo gasped. Uncle Buchi was their ever jovial uncle who just got married few years back and just had a child last year. He was super nice and always got gifts for all of them when he visits.

"Edozie is driving us to Imo and Eyinna is coming with us." Papa said. Uncle Buchi lived in Imo even though he was from Abia state. He was Mama's younger brother and the only male child in Mama's family.

"Grandma must be devastated" Uzo said and Papa nodded. Mama kept silent as the conversation went on for the fear of breaking down in front of her children.

"Adaku you'll stay with my sister Ifeoma and her family" Adaku squealed as soon as she heard that. Aunty Ifeoma was a really nice woman and she had a really cute two year old daughter called Zara from her name Chizaram.

"I can't wait!" Uzo beamed.

"Oh Uzo. You're not going with her. You'll stay with Mr Ade and his family"

Uzo eyes widened at the bombshell her father dropped and her expression mirrored Adaku's. "Why is that Papa" Adaku asked.

"Mr Ade told me yesterday that he will like it if you two spend the holiday at his place. But you'll be leaving for school in few days time for your extension lessons so I decided Uzo would go and you'll stay with Ifeoma. It's an added advantage for you as her place is closer to your school"

Adaku nodded in realization and Uzo was still as appalled as ever. "My dear you will be fine. His wife is really nice and she will take very good care of you."

You can't understand dear father!

"Ayomide is also going to be there so you have no issues" Papa added but this time to Uzo.

Ayomide is going to be there? Worse.

"Papa may I ask a question?"

"Yes Ada. Speak up" papa replied

"How is Mr Adenuga related to the  Adedeji's"

"Ohh. Mr Adenuga is Mrs Adedeji's older brother"

Adaku nodded and Uzo smiled. She wanted to ask that question but she didn't know how. Adaku read her mind one again. She was relaxed. They are just cousins. No one is taking away my Timi from me. she exhaled.

Did I hear you say your Timi?. Her subconscious mocked her.

Uzo sighed. "Don't worry girls, it's going to be fine. Anyways, you have to start packing. We will be leaving very early tomorrow morning so I need to drop you two at the places you'll stay. Okay?"

"OK sir" They replied is unison and continued with their meal of fried plantain, fried egg and tea.

Uzo was in her room packing her things when Adaku walked into her room. The door was open giving her easy access to the room.

Adaku sat down on Uzo's bed watching her scurry around to get her things in order.

"I would have loved to go with you but you know, I have extension classes"