20°

TIMI'S POV

I kept trying to focus on the mobile game I was playing on my phone but I couldn't concentrate. I needed a distraction so bad to stop me from going to where Uzo was. My mind was clouded with thoughts of her and it was killing me gradually.

I stopped the game I was playing and decided to phone Peter. He picked up almost immediately. "Looks like someone missed me" I said smirking even though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah right" He said with sarcasm and I could imagine him roll his eyes which caused me to giggle. "What's funny?"

"Nothing bro. Absolutely nothing. I was wondering if I could hang at yours for a while". "I'm not home Timi, I'm out with my mum. Maybe some other time?"

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Alright" I finally said and hung up. Great! Now Peter is busy too. I thought as I walked out of my room.

I decided I was going to meet mum at her boutique so I went over to Mide's room to inform her that I would be leaving.

I got downstairs and drove straight to mum's boutique. I parked the car and walked into the exquisite building. As soon as I walked into the building, I felt the gazes boring into my back. I was used to it though. Most of mum's female workers and customers had their eyes on me. Ogling the sweet piece of cake called Timi.

Cocky much! My subconscious snapped and I found myself smiling. I made my way up the stairs to mum's office. I opened the mahogany door and walked in. Mum was seated in her chair twirling whilst making a phone call. As soon as her eyes met mine she gave me a small smile and gestured for me to sit.

I had my seat and looked around the room at the various artifacts at different positions.

"So what brings my baby here" I looked up and saw that mum was done with her phone call she was looking at me with a wide grin on her face.

"Mum can you stop calling me a baby, I'm almost an adult"
"It doesn't matter, you'll always be a baby to me just as I'll always be your mum"

I rolled my eyes "Yeah yeah"

"So what brings you here Jason?" She asked hands ticking gently on the table her gaze directed at me.

"I want to talk mum"

She straightened up in her chair. "Okay....go on"

"Well it's about Uzo"

A sinister smile found it's way to mum's face as soon as I mentioned Uzo's name. "You like her. Don't you?"

"Uh...yeah, how did you know?"

"Well I'm your mum and I do know. I just wanted you to admit it to me. I have known all along"

My jaw dropped. "How long have you known?"

"Let's say since we relocated to the states" She said with a shrug.

What?! I just said my jaw dropped moments ago right? Well my jaw literally fell to the ground.

Mum giggled at my expression. "Well, I walked into your art gallery way before your dad yunno...." She trailed off. "Burnt it" I helped her out.

"Well yeah, you did draw and paint her and I just knew you liked a girl. But then I got to know she was the one when we visited the Edogo's while you were still at school and I saw their family potrait. I wasn't so convinced then but as soon as I saw her at our anniversary I was more than convinced. I just don't understand why you two are acting cold towards each other"

I sighed. "Long story mum, can we not talk about it now?"
"Sure whenever you're ready baby. I few words for you though, whatever it is, you two should work things out. I had her come spend the holiday with us so you two can spend a lot of time together and catch up. Also because I like her. So I advice you to make the best out of it"