Chapter Five

After lunch at Lulu's Ciara felt much more at ease with Cian (kee-in). She'd found out he was a third generation American, he had family in Ireland with whom he stayed in contact, had spent "a while" in the U.S. Navy- which she thanked him for, built wood crafts and furniture as a hobby, and more. The more the couple talked, the more they found out they had in common. Ciara was pleasantly surprised at this, the only problem was the attraction she still had for this almost-stranger.

Cian had admitted, very reluctantly, that the clothes he was wearing were all he had. Thanks to his ex landlord and boss he'd lost everything else he owned. She was appalled at this, the man had nothing.

They talked as Ciara drove, surprisingly relaxed. She pulled up in front of a men's clothing store and left the motor running so the dogs would have air conditioning. They got out of the SUV and that's when Cian noticed the store they were parked by. "Everything for Men" was the name of the store.

"Ciara, I can't...I don't have..." Cian stuttered. Balling his fists at his sides in frustration and humiliation, he tried to think of a way to express his lack of money and still retain his pride.

"You're going to be working at Irish Treasures. In order to do so, you need clothes and man-stuff." Ciara said. Knowing the damage his pride must have suffered already she continued, "You'll pay me back as you're able to, but for now we need to get you outfitted for work. You'll be making good money, because you're going to be earning it through hard work and long hours. If it makes you feel better, we can set up a payment schedule when we get home."

Ciara waited patiently for his decision. Leaning against the Escalade, she took a pack of cigarettes out and lit one. Savoring the rush of nicotine, she relaxed.

"May I have one?" Cian asked.

Holding out the pack and lighter, Ciara studied him. That masculine square jaw, lips that are just perfect for kissing, the light shadow of stubble, those eyes with long and thick lashes. Her gaze traveled past his muscular chest and arms, on down to his legs (which were definitely fantasy worthy).

Ciara inwardly groaned: Evan wanted this man to live in her house?! He'd be extremely lucky if she didn't attack him in a lust-fueled frenzy! Taking another drag from her cig, she stubbed the butt out.

"Are you ready?" Ciara asked.

A low, deep chuckle brought her eyes to his. "Shit, he just caught me ogling him! Think girl!" A blush lit her cheeks up as she unconsciously licked her lips trying to think of something to say that would excuse her preoccupation with his body. Nothing came to mind, she would just have to brazen it out.

"Come on, we have other stops to make before heading home." With that said, she headed to the entrance.

As she grabbed the doorknob, a rough yet gentle hand closed over hers. When she felt Cian's breath on the ultra-sensitive nape of her neck, she bit her tongue to keep from groaning.

"My momma taught me to be a gentleman and open doors for a lady," Cian's voice rumbled in her ear.

The groan she had barely suppressed came out as the front of his body met the back of hers. Arousal hit her in a wave, momentarily removing her from reality and depositing her into an ocean of stimulation. With a quick bite on her nape, Cian stepped back. Ciara drew in a much needed breath, tried to ignore the dampness of her thong underwear and opened hers eyes. As Cian opened the door she strode quickly into the blessedly cool air of the store. Luckily all of the employees were busy helping other customers, she didn't think their little "interaction" had been noticed.

Another employee came out of the backroom, heading straight for them. By the time he'd reached them, Ciara had composed herself- outwardly. Inside she was a whirlpool of lust, sexual fantasies and rampaging hormones.