XI

Chapter 11: Eternal promise

“ I wish I wasn't such a dreamer. I've ruined this life for myself.”
                          — N.M.Sanchez

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you know about fireworks? Oh yes, you do. Do you know about butterflies? Who doesn't! Do you know the sweet intimacy of the near touch? Bet you do.

Do you know the monumental awkwardness after having a hot and steamy first kiss right in the middle of a siren's hideout who made him faint and threatened me? No, you do not.

Walking back towards the castle is filled with the sound of NOTHING!

It's like we both suddenly turned shy school girls who just had to kiss his crush in a school play.

Well, I can act like that because it's my first kiss but how can he?

I glanced towards him and he was already looking back at me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled. He has the nerve to smile when immediately after the kiss he spoke these beautiful words to me.

We both pulled away breathless. Well not like breathless but you get the term. He looks at me in the eyes and runs a finger down my face. “ It smells like lots of dead fishes and dog poop here. Let's go back.”  And then he turns around leaving me in shock. “ Aren't you coming?” He looks back.

.
.
.
.

Why is he so infuriating and dumbest of the dumb. Who says that right after my first kiss?

I just scoff and fasten my pace towards the castle. I can feel his smile even from my back. I hurry again and reach the stairs first and practically run upstairs and after a while, I reach his wing. Bloody hell! This castle is so big.

I open the door to our living room and go towards the sitting area.

Right in the middle of sitting, I hear a voice behind me.
“ You shouldn't run, Love.” I jump and shriek and end up landing on the floor.

Embarrassed as hell!

I heard his laugh before I felt him lifting me.

“ You are fascinating.” He is grinning.

Aww

I almost sighed in content but raised my eyebrows.

“ I just fell off the couch and you find this fascinating?”
He just simply nodded.

“ You must've fallen on your head when you were little because there is something seriously wrong with your 'fascinations' buddy.” I patted his shoulders twice and went around toward the kitchen. I'm thirsty.

“ Buddy? A real romantic name for me. You didn't need to do that, Love.” he replied.

I just smiled. “ Aha. Does my buddy even know sarcasm? Wow. I must've been lucky.”

I heard him laugh. “No, I must've been lucky.” At that, I froze midway drinking water.

I turned around and he was right in front of me. I let out a startled sigh.

The water bottle was still in my hand. Again he trailed his finger from my face to my neck.
“ An eternal promise.” He whispered lightly while staring at my neck.

“ What?” I also whispered.

He gazed into my eyes.
“Our eternal promise.” He smiled and then he pecked me on the cheek and he was gone.