XXV

Chapter 25 : Father?!

“Never trust a survivor,” my father used to warn me,“ until you find out what he did to stay alive.”
                             - Kurt Vonnegut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been 7 days since the Night incident. And to say that it's been perfect would be the understatement of the century.

It has been more than perfect.
We fell into a routine.
We wake up together, have breakfast and then he goes to work in his office and I train with Angelina.

Yes! Max brought Angelina here.
Her excuse is that she is here only because she can protect me better. But we all know how strong the bond can be. I see her resolve breaking every now and then.

Everyone accepted her pretty quickly. Even though Brianna and Ed lost their bets. They couldn't find their mates first. So Max won.

After training, we all have lunch together and then I hangout with Mary. Honestly, she is such a cutie. And 2 days ago, she told me about her real identity. And that only made me trust her more. She is an elf fey. And her real name is Marilyn. It is a great thing for a fey to tell her fey name to an outsider. But she doesn't know that  I am part fey too. That shows how much she trusts me. She came here to take refuge because she is a half elf and half werewolf. She likes it better here. Although she is still timid, I got her out of her shell. She now speaks a bit louder.

Then after that, we all have dinner together. Then me and Vladimir go to our chambers and sometimes watch a movie, sleep or his favorite not sleeping thing.

After an hour, the leader of a witch coven is coming here to form an alliance.

I have to meet her.

If you haven't got it, I don't fancy witches.

Mary is currently making me soup.

A sudden knock interrupts my thoughts.

Brianna enters.

“ Hey girls.” She greets us. I just smile and wave back.

“ Sorry Mary but I have to steal Adrienne. ” She grabs me by my arm and drags me out.

“ Bye Mary.” I shout before we go too far.

“ The witch leader is here.” Brianna announces.

I just groan and roll my eyes.

“ I don't like witches.”

“ Do you think I love them?” Brianna asks me with a raised brow.

A thought pops in my mind.“ I haven't seen Lizzie around here anymore?”
I ask Brianna. Her confused eyes meet mine.
“ Lizzie?” She questions.

“ Yeah. Blonde hair, blue eyes, slut, is after my mate.” I try to remind her.

Her eyes suddenly light up in recognition.
“ You mean Lilith?”

“ Yeah. I am talking about Lily.”
I shrug.

“ She took a sudden trip to Greece. Saying she needs to get away before she explodes.” Brianna laughs.

“ Well. She was slut bomb. Better explodes on Greek men than Vladimir.”

We reach his office and I can hear talking inside.

Brianna knocks and I just roll my eyes. Without waiting for the response, I open the door and go in.

Well, the meeting is only between Vladimir and an old woman.