Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Alison, Zoe, Loraine and Layla were seated in the middle of the gym arena waiting for the game to start as the cheerleaders were doing their routine formation along with the signature yell.

"I hate sitting here, knowing that he will be playing there." Zoe snarled nodding towards the players who were still seated eagerly waiting for the game to start.

"Just ignore him. We're here for Rob and that's all that matters." Layla tried to calm her down, just as the game started and there walked Rob, their reason to be there in the first place, along with the jerk, Tristan, that waved shamelessly to the crowd, as well as Cole, either the friend or foe which Alison had not decided but lean more towards being friends for the moment. The game went on well and, on each break, she swore that Tristan would casually smirk towards her, earning a scowl from her in return. After the game ended with the school winning another game, they went to congratulate Rob on the win. They sat and waited for Rob and the boys by the nearby table provided outside the gym. While waiting, Alison felt parched so she went to the vending machine to buy soda for her and her friends who were too lazy to walk and buy it themselves. Just then, a few of the boys from the basketball team walked out of the bathroom after their shower which was adjacent to the where the vending machine was. Focused on inserting her coins, not paying attention to the guy who was walking towards her. Bang! She jumped, startled to the loud sound of someone slamming his hand on the machine.

"What the hell!" She snapped.

"I like seeing you riled up like this, doll. It gets me a little excited." Tristan smug undressing her with his eyes. This imbecile being! How dare he! Rage was boiling up comprehending what he meant. She raised her hands aiming for his annoying cheek but was caught midair by his quick move. He held a strong grip onto her wrist which will definitely leave a bruise which was her least concern at the moment. She felt threatened at the fact that he had a hold on her once again.

"Fooled me once, not the second time, doll." His grip was tighter making her flinch at the shooting pain but sealed her lips shut not wanting to satisfy his torture.

"You deserve to be punched in the face. Heck, you deserve to be kicked in the crotch for what you did to Zoe and me. You blockhead ass. So, if you don't want a repeat of event, let go of my hand, jerk." She seethed only to earn a forced chuckle from him.

"Hey let her go, man. Are you out of your mind? She's a girl dude!" Cole called jogging towards them.

"I don't give a damn what she is. She should mind her own business and not pissed me off in the first place." He snarled while Cole tried to pull his hand away from the grip which made her stumble to the side, clutching her released hands to her chest, rubbing onto the throbbing wrist.

"Get a grip of yourself, man." Cole said to Tristan who had his eyes boring into Alison. Tired and not wanting to be involved any further, she glared back to Tristan before storming off away from them.

"Where's the soda?" Zoe asked from her seat.

"Out of stock!" She snapped still rubbing onto her reddened wrist.

"What took you so long then?" Layla asked while Alison just gave a silly excuse. After the boys joined them, they all went to grab dinner together, oblivious to what happened to Alison earlier.

The next day, Alison was standing by her locker when Cole walked up to check on her but was cut short when he saw Jason walking towards them glaring daggers towards him.

"I told you to stay the hell away from her." Jason growled.

"No, it's fine, Jason. He's just checking on me about..." She suddenly paused, mentally slapping herself for being so careless with her words.

"About?"

"Look, Tristan was a jerk, I get it. I just wanted to make sure she's fine but since you're here, I'll leave you guys." Cole said coldly and walked away from them.

"What the hell is he talking about? What did Tristan do?" Jason asked in a low voice coated with anger, making her heart to race.

"Nothing. It's..." She stalled while subconsciously rubbing her now bruised wrist, looking down at her feet not knowing how to continue nor where to look. Noticing the gesture, he pulled her hand towards him pushing the sleeve revealing a dark purplish-blue hand print on her wrist. Before she could open her mouth to speak, he left her without a word but the guilt was stemming her foot to the ground. Knowing that she was wrong, she felt it would be best to let him off some steam before preparing herself mentally to face him again. Closed the locker door and started dragging her feet to the first class. She slumped on her chair, regret crawling onto her head telling her that it was wrong not to tell him about the whole incident with Tristan. Lost in her thoughts, she was awoken with the commotion outside the class with students rushing. Confused, she stopped a girl who was pacing her way following the wave of students.

"Jason got into a fight!" The girl said rushing along the current of students, with Alison running even faster cutting through the crowd. Stopped to catch her breath outside the school, she stared at the crowd circling and hiding the view of the commotion in the middle of it. Pushing her way, parting the sea of students until she finally saw Jason throwing punches after punches at the battered curly brown-haired guy who was slumped on the ground, Tristan. Jesus, Gosh! Then, just in time, Shane, Corey and Rob jumped into the middle of the fight trying to break the two boys apart, or more like holding Jason back from battering the poor boy any further, which he intended to. Alison hurriedly ran towards Jason, jumping into the middle of the fight, calling onto him, hoping he would break from the raging trance and gave his focus back to her.

"Jason. Please stop. You'll get in trouble. Please. Jason, stop. Please." She pleaded and finally Jason seemed to recollect himself but bore his murderous glare onto Tristan who was still laying on the floor, blood oozing out from his whole face.

"You dare to even touch her hair, I'll destroy you! I'll end you!" Jason fumed shrugging his shoulders roughly from their held and walked away. Alison followed him like a lost puppy following its master until he walked into the boy's bathroom while she waited for him outside, nervously. Jason splashed cold water onto his red-fiery face hoping it would ease the rage within him and calmed himself down. Barging out of the bathroom door, Jason took Alison's hands and walked towards his car without saying a word. His long strides did not slow down that she had to lightly jog just to keep up with his pace. Once seated on the cold leather seat, the silence was deafening and the cold atmosphere sent chills on her already pounding heart.

"Jason..." She broke the silence reaching for his battered and chipped knuckles, guilt overwhelming her as she caressed them. The hands that defended her and ended up being injured on her behalf. She placed his hands to the sides of her cheeks trailing gentle kisses on each knuckle, wishing to take the pain away.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her eyes battling to fight the tears from falling. He finally turned to face her once he felt a trickle of droplets falling onto his hands, warming his cold raging heart with each droplet.

"I'm sorry." She breathed out, they stayed in silence for some time as his hands caressed her wet cheeks, wiping away the hot tears with much gentleness.

"Mind telling me what exactly is going on?" He finally asked softly not liking to see her crying as she was.