37 | Free

Miesha

"You do what you need to do Neve, but I'm going after him."

Transfixed in the pursuit of revenge, my wolf turned from her, eager for the finality I had longed for.

This was something that I wanted.

I needed it.

My wolf hummed along the twists and turns, the rain drumming on her pelt like a percussive prelude.

Neve had gone to check in with the rest of the warriors, ensuring the Rogues were now disposed of and borders secured, whilst I... I was on my mission to remove the one threat that was still remaining.

Jacob.

It felt like forever. But with each tread on the forest floor, I replayed the turns of events that led me here. So much had happened. But from that, I had also gained so much.

I had found my other half. The one made for me by the Moon.

It made the memories of the past pale into insignificance when I had been gifted so much because of it.

As my soul and hers hummed long in a unity we had only recently rediscovered, I felt us drift in different directions despite our quest together.

I called out to her from within, "What's wrong?

"Our mate. He is close."

She traced her canines with her tongue, tasting his faint but detectable scent.

"And he is not alone."

Closing my eyes I let her go, her pure driven instinct taking me as a passenger to where we needed to be.

Watching from the crevice of her mind, I knew it had to be her decision.

But with each moment, I felt her, really felt her... and we were at a crossroads.

My heart yearned for retribution for our pain.

But as we edged closer to our mate, her heart yearned for peace.

My little warrior wolf who was full of fire cared no more for revenge, and everything for the ending dictated by nature...

Despite my own reckless desire for blood, my wolf knew the natural hierarchy of the pack.

This was his moment not to be stolen.

His brother. His pack. His fight.

In that moment my wolf made her decision. She would not take this from her mate.

~

The trees swayed violently as they were lashed by the silver rain. Snarling echoes were carried from beyond, there was no mistaking what I was about to encounter.

I could taste Gabriel's strength.

I could taste Jacob's hostility.