6 - Judge and king

Terran hadn't thought of what he'd do when he met face to face with the Shay's. He met Dantis, but they say he isn't anything like the psychotic Callum.

The forces of Camelot have won every battle, pushing the Shays further and further into their own territory.

Terran stood with Arthur, looking over the remains of many men. This is the product of the most recent battle. This was the result of challenging the Shay's elites head on. The men in red were well trained.

"Many of your knights were slain." Terran said, "They were brave, honorable men."

"This is the cost of war." The king said stoically.

Terrans hand clenched. Even in the midst of his dead brethren, he didn't change. A king who could only save his people, never truly leading them. He had been studying Arthur and every little thing that he did. And it infuriated him. He decided to change the topic.

"You're a king. You shouldn't be fighting on the front lines." He said.

"It's only right for a king to fight on the front lines."

"No. A king must lead their people." He said, "How can you hope to do that from the front lines."

"You can only lead from the front lines."

"Your insufferable."

Arthur looked at him, a little shocked at his words. He was a bit rude sometimes, but never had he down right insulted anyone.

"If you can't understand my frustration, than my initial feeling of you holds true." He said, "A king who is not human, is no king at all."

He walked away, back to where Ashton and the rebel lords waited for him.

"He speaks of whatever is on his mind, doesn't he." Merlin had seemingly come out of nowhere.

"How could he know what a king is? He abandoned his duty until it was convenient to him." Arthur said.

"He is a prince. He grew up watching kings, then taking orders from them while under Norden. Who better to judge a king?"

Merlin secretly regretted the way he trained the king of knights. Now, that king could only sacrifice themself to save others.

-------

Arthur had spent much time with Lady Frieda. She was so worried for her son, but her informant assured that he was safe.

"He's quite rude." Arthur referred to Terran

"He speaks what's on his mind." She replied, "He won't lie to you, nor will he put you on any sort of pedestal. He's learned from that mistake already."

The king thought for moment, doubting his own ability to rule.

"In a sense, I think Terran is simply trying to help." She said, "'He who always fights for others, cannot save himself.' That is the kind of man Terran truly is. That's the kind of man he perceives you to be."

The kings eyes widen in realization.

"He seems selfish. I won't deny it. He ignored the Hill, his duty, and his own name. But he never stopped being Terran Dean. He is someone who doesn't like unnecessary death." Frieda looked over all the tents that stretched across the lands, "He cares deeply for people, so he can never deny a heartfelt request. I'll admit, I used that part of him. I knew he wouldn't deny me. Now, I'm afraid that it will lead to his death."

-------

"You have yet to find that kings most guarded secret?" A female voice spoke out.

In a dark corner of his tent stood a tall, beautiful woman. She had white hair and violet eyes. Her name was Haven. She helped Terran absorb the power from that old dragon.