Chapter 20: Corey

(Thank you to officialsimp101, AkashaWatts, angiesc11, rachellovett_love, and anonxsaniya for voting)

I stayed with darnell that night. He didnt want to be alone in Corey's house. Not while knowing hes dying.

"I'm sorry," he whispered laying in his bed.

"Dont be. I'm always here for you," I said laying next to him.

"I wont have anybody after dies," he sad sadly.

"You will have me. I'm not going anywhere darnell. Especially after you helped me," I told him.

He smiled at my and put his arms around me.

"I guess we will have to postpone our date," he said.

"Yeah, we will," I said putting my head on his chest.

"Goodnight Phoenix," he said sleepily.

"Goodnight," I said before shutting my eyes.

The next day we grabbed out letters and I drove us over to the James house.

"Hey, sorry we wanted to give you these," Darnell said holding two letters.

"You two were like Corey's own. You should come," she said and looked to spencer.

"Ya heard her. Let's go," Spencer said.

I ended up sitting in the middle of darnell and Spencer. Let me tell you, that was a mistake.

"Dillion, put in earbuds for a minute!" I snapped and he complied,"I swear to god of you two dont shut the fuck up for two damn seconds I will throw your asses out of this car!"

Both of them smirked at eachother. The put up one finger after one second passed. A second after another passed.

"Its been two damn seconds," spencer mocked.

"We can talk now," darnell continued.

"Oh my God are we there yet?" I sighed.

"I wish, " grace told me.

When we finally arrived we were faced with one of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen.

"Gosh darn," I said seeing Dillion without earbuds.

"Dad lives here?" Dillion asked.

"This is why they say dont sell grandmas house," spencer told him.

"Why are yall here?" Cory asked.

"To bring you home," grace told the man.

"No, no you have to go home," he said.

"Corey, I'm begging you. Dont put me in the middle of those two again. Let us stay!" I begged him.

"Phoenix has a point. Everyone pick a room. Someone gotta share," she told us.

"Me and Darnell will," I said and we walked off into the house to pick a room.

Me and darnell put our bags on the bed and went back into the livingroom.

"So, when did this happen?" Grace asked us.

"Hasnt really happened yet," darnell said putting his arm around me.

"But it will," I smiled.

"Good, I always wanted you to find someone who made you happy," grace said hugging me.